Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:30:16 AM EDT
I did a search here and came up bupkis.  Can anyone tell me about these rifles - there's one for sale locally and it was pretty neat looking, kind of like a cross between and AR and an AK.  How's the build quality, how do they shoot, etc.?   Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I did a google search but while the sites were heavy on specs and photos (I've already seen the rifle), there were no owners telling me what they thought of this rifle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
A summary of what I've read over the years: Neat rifle, well made,  but parts are very hard to find. If something does break you're up the creek.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Bulldawg,

That's exactly what I needed.  Being a member has its advantages.

John
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Galland,

That seems to be the main problem with these rifles.  Thanks for the reply!

John
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I did a google search but while the sites were heavy on specs and photos (I've already seen the rifle), there were no owners telling me what they thought of this rifle.

oh sorry
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Check Yahoo! Groups for Daewoo Owners Forums (i.e. Club DR200).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one in my hand right now. I just picked it up today and shot it. So far, its great. Shoots real smooth, little recoil, consistant ejection. Its made real sturdy and slick. I like the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#10]
theyre what the south koreans use
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
theyre what the south koreans use

Here's a pic of a military issued Daewoo rifle.  I never got to shoot this one, but was able to check it out for a while.  Very cool assault rifle.  

I had a DR200 for a few years and really liked it.  IIRC, it was a 1 in 12 twist.  Very reliable and fun to shoot.  As mentioned previously, the only issue is a lack of replacement parts.   The AR-15 hammer, trigger, and disconnector fit and function perfectly with the DR200.  An AR-15 extractor seemed like it *may* have worked, but I never wanted to try it (the length of the extractor was smaller than that of a DR200).  As for any other parts, nothing else came close to fitting.  I'm sure parts break, but I've never heard of someone needing to replace a broken part.  I usually read where someone had lost a part and needed a replacement.  The only reason I had sold it was to help pay for my M16.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:35 AM EDT
[#12]
The Highpoint of the AR15
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a Daewoo K-2  around 15+ years ago and it was great. I think I only paid around $375.00 for it new. It was one of the  weapons I wish I had kept. It had one of the best side folding stocks and sling set ups I have ever used. It was very accurate. I got $1500.00 for it after Bush 1 screwed us and everyone wanted a banned weapon. I see one every now and again at the gun shows. Usually they want around $1200.00 for one. They don't seem to have any troube selling them either. The only thing I can think of that I did not care for was that the handguard was too short and it was easy to burn your hand on the barrel if you were not paying attention. The finish was a little thin also. Man I wish I had it back though. I wish you had not brought it up! Boy was I a dumb-ass.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top