Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor

DPMS Rifle Pictures Thread (Page 15 of 20)

Previous Page
/ 20
Next Page
3/23/2011 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No pictures (I only have a DPMS 5.56 and this is the wrong forum for that, which some have not realized.)  BUT....I would like to ask for some advice..... I am almost certain I will be getting the DPMS REPR, I love the rifle length gas system and the fact that it comes standard with the PRS stock.  I have 2 additions I would like to hear input on.  This rifle is going to be primarily bench rest shooting and SHTF.....I can't hunt with it here in the buckeye state so unless I travel for deer season, I will only be shooting at paper.  However, I still would like it functional is if I were allowed to bring it with me on my next deployment (meaning I don't want 80X magnification on it)

1.  Glass - I am pretty set on the Leupold Mark IV but not sure which variable would be best.  Between the 3.5-10X or the 4.5-14X.  14x is the Max I would like to dial in to but something tells me 4.5X might be a little too high for my minimum.  A couple of my buddies that deployed with a Mark 4 on their M14's got the 3.5-10X but I have thought about stepping it up 1 level.  I see some Nightforce have a 3.5-15X variable but for an extra grand over the Mark 4, I don't think so.  What would some of you be able to suggest?

2.  Trigger - I already have a Wilson TTU on my AR-15 but it is the single stage.  I love what I hear about Geissel but there are so many models to choose from.  I have considered purchasing a Wilson TTU 2-stage and swapping the single stage over to the REPR and putting the 2-stage into my AR as it is a pretty light pull and 2-stage might be more suited.  Is there a Geissel that some would recommend as a better precision shooting trigger?  The TTU is wonderful with literally no take up, you apply pressure and the only movement is the break....this seems more ideal for precision shooting, no?

I know this is a picture thread but you are all my DPMS peer's and I would love to hear what you would choose since we are talking about similar platforms.  Thanks in advance and I hope to hear some good stuff along with more great photo's.
3/23/2011 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh Sh*t.....I started a new page with no pictures, I'm gona get it now......
3/24/2011 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS 308 with Leupold 8.5x25x50 TMR Reticle. The entire rig has been Dura-coated camo.
Here's the Specs:
24 inch SS barrel
Low Profile gas block
ARD with Sunshade
AR50 style brake
DPMS Rail
DPMS BUIS
JP trigger
PRS stock
Harrris Bi-pod
Warne Ring
PSG style grip
black Pmaghttp://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3310/img9158w.jpg
3/25/2011 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#4]
here's mine.
awaiting a prs stock still.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/splattermatic/3b51ee97.jpg

what are you guys running for loads ?
168 grain bthp's in front of varget get's me about an inch set at mag length.

let's see some groups and recipes guys.
3/25/2011 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I like your setup
4/9/2011 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got it built up and test fired(turned down the barrel). Have to tear it down and refinish the barrel. Shoots like a dream though!
4/16/2011 11:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762][Edited] [#7]
New UBR stock; shot well today,  group is only 3 shots, but from 400yrds.  Still need to refinish the barrel.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."--H.L. Mencken
5/3/2011 9:33:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YWHIC][Edited] [#10]
Well I got in today my Burris PEPR Quick Detach model..

DPMS LR-308 with A3 flat-top and A2 stock.. w/ 16" Heavy Barrel.. and VENTED factory free-float..  

and mounted up my Bushnell 4-12x40 Trophy XLT with 600 DOA Reticle (aka BDC)..(which I've prior checked on another rifle for accuracy.. pretty good for out to 500 yards from what I can tell using a 200 yard max shooting and ballistics data)..  

also riding is the MBUS rear and Midwest Industries front.. and Hogue Pistol Grip.. all for under $1500..



Enjoy..


Albert
5/7/2011 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally got mine put together. I built a 16" upper to use instead of the monster 24" bull barrel that came with it!





CHRIS





 
 
Life Member:
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Grass Roots North Carolina
North Carolina Rifle and Pistol Association
5/7/2011 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Changed out the Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40 for the new Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 I just got in today..

seems a little clearer (that or I just want to try the Nikon line for once)..

DPMS 308 with 16" heavy barrel. A3 upper.. and a Sig Sauer SP2022  

5/9/2011 10:21:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillyDBerger][Edited] [#13]






Bushmaster 308 ORC but technically a DPMS

 
5/21/2011 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#14]
DPMS LR-308 w/A3..

Updated with Nikon 4-12x40 with BDC recticle.  






Al

5/21/2011 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#15]
LR308AP4.  Pics suck, I realize.  Optic is a Leupold CQ/T on an ARMS throw lever mount. I'm a lefty so I put an ambi selector on it.  Midwest flip up rear sight, universal rear sling attachement, houge grip, Magpul CTR stock, magpul rail covers, command arms short foregrip, harris bipod adaptor.





5/28/2011 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
DPMS AP-4 upper with chrome BCG and freefloat tube,Mangonel rear BUIS , VLTOR stock , MAGPUL AFG, JP Ent. trigger pack , CMMG billet G-3 lower

<center id=center>
"...and the road becomes my bride."

Proud sponsor of : "Team Ranstad" and * americansnipers.org *

2-27-11 THANK YOU SITE-ST_AFF ! !
</center id=center>
6/3/2011 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]

I walk the line...
6/3/2011 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#18]
6/4/2011 4:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YWHIC][Edited] [#19]
Heres my DPMS LR-308 with some Aervoe USMC Desert Camo paint on it..

some Pine branches, some thin net, some sponge technique (very sparingly)

the brownish color is not that DARK, its the flash and angle of the camera doing that..




Al
6/4/2011 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]
here is a pic of a 308 that i built.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/revrider83/IMG_5457.jpg
6/15/2011 8:08:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mad_Italian][Edited] [#22]
Here is my new baby  

Started out as a DPMS Oracle
Added:

20" Ranier Arms Barrel w/ Vortex FH
Troy TRX 308 13.8" handguard
Dueck Defense RTS front and rear sights
Larue Tactical LT-158 scope mount
Nikon Monarch scope  4-16x42mm SF with BDC reticle
Geissele SSA enhanced 2 stage trigger
Magpul PRS
Magpul MIAD
Magpul AFG 2
Harris S-BRM bipod with Podloc and a Larue LT130 bipod adapter
Viking Tactical VTAC 2 point padded sling with a Troy TRX QD swivel













I'll finally get some range time this weekend. Can't wait to see how it does

ETA: I have almost enough parts to build a carbine in 7.62, there goes more of my savings...
Handle Life's situations like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
6/17/2011 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#23]


Nice rifle and I absolutely love the shirts
Handle Life's situations like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
6/28/2011 12:44:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Truegrave][Edited] [#24]
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/Oracle/SNC10224e.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/Oracle/SNC10218e.jpg

DPMS LR308 Oracle
Tromix muzzle brake
Troy Ind. 13.8 MRF handguard (I waited 3 mo. and they finally have the A3 rail height in stock!)
Troy Ind. flip up iron sights
Magpul rail guards (XTM and Ladder)
Magpul RVG vertical foregrip
Magpul front sling adapter
Harris swivel bipod
EOtech XPS2 holo sight w/ G23 gen II 3x magnifier
Bravo Co. Mfg. Mod 3 7.62 charging handle
Geissele High Speed National Match DMR 2-stage trigger
Command Arms Acc. (CAA) sharpshooter grip
Midwest Industries backplate sling adapter
CAA ARS buttstock w/monopod
7/11/2011 7:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalash1974][Edited] [#25]
Dpms AP4 .308 16" barrel               
Magpul UBR with extended butt pad                            
JP VTAC hand guard 15.5"           
JP adjustable gas block                           
OPS INC. Muzzle break.       
RRA 2 stage trigger.               
Kns pins.                                   
Harris bipod with Arms 17 mount.                         
Magpul mbus set.                       
Magpul Maid grip 
Magpul afg 
PRI gas buster charging handle 
Slash car10 buffer and spring 
Millet DMS 1 on AD Recon mount


7/14/2011 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's one I just finished.  B-Day present from my wife
6.5 Creedmoor w/Fulton Armory Side Charging Upper

7/29/2011 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Not really a DPMS rifle...Really the only thing DPMS is the BCG and ejection port cover.

"Poor Man's" EMC:










Uncle
Sam's
Misguided
Children
8/3/2011 9:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tekpc007][Edited] [#29]
Guns and Women, I love the smell of both.
But one gets you into trouble and the other gets you out.
8/10/2011 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#30]
My first .308 AR adventure!!!! I picked up a stock, bare bones DPMS LR308 from a local gunshop and added a Troy TRX extreme 13.8 rail, BCM Vltor mod3 charging handle, Magpul ACS stock (with a nice bullshit NY pin in it), a few neutered Pmags,Magpul grip and sig ambi mag release, a Rock River 2 stage trigger and the cherry on top is a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NXS, i also got a versa pod and GGG bipod adapter after i took the pic. what do ya think?



8/25/2011 11:13:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coachf][Edited] [#31]
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/nohs_wrestling/94d321cb.jpg

DPMS sportical.
Bone collector scope
MI front gas block flip up
Magpul buis rear
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE grip
magpul MOE handguard
magpul aFG gen 1
8/30/2011 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#32]
DPMS upper receiver, BCG, rail and some other small parts.  Lower is a TM, barrel is BHW.  It is DPMS patterned so hopefully that's good enough!


Still need to add buis (hence the high rings) but other than that she's done.  Shoots 1/2" groups @ 100 yards with 168 smk
9/24/2011 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#34]





Is that a cutdown pmag or something?



 
9/25/2011 12:56:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medicman5000][Edited] [#35]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:


Is that a cutdown pmag or something?
 


Yup! Here in AZ you cant hunt with a mag that holds more then 5 rounds. Although your paying more for the service I still felt these were the right answer........

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_87&products_id=505

After having shot the 2 I bought several times I can honestly say they are rock solid!
9/27/2011 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Truegrave:

Thanks for posting your pick I have a Oracle and I have been wanting to see one with the Troy 13.8 MRF on it yours kills
" IN VALOR THERE IS HOPE "
10/17/2011 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Mine isn't really a DPMS but close.  This is my Bushmaster .308 ORC.  BCM charging handle, PRS stock, heavy buffer, fsc30 compensator, Nikon prostaff 3-9x40, Moe hand guards, Burris PEPR mount.  

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/sajds020/Guns/IMG_7045.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/sajds020/Guns/IMG_7044.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/sajds020/Guns/IMG_7041.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/sajds020/Guns/IMG_7038.jpg
10/18/2011 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RuLins05:
DPMS upper receiver, BCG, rail and some other small parts.  Lower is a TM, barrel is BHW.  It is DPMS patterned so hopefully that's good enough!
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/silverchev05/DSC01567.jpg
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/silverchev05/DSC01569.jpg
Still need to add buis (hence the high rings) but other than that she's done.  Shoots 1/2" groups @ 100 yards with 168 smk


What rail is that?
10/19/2011 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sturmjr:
Originally Posted By RuLins05:
DPMS upper receiver, BCG, rail and some other small parts.  Lower is a TM, barrel is BHW.  It is DPMS patterned so hopefully that's good enough!
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/silverchev05/DSC01567.jpg
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/silverchev05/DSC01569.jpg
Still need to add buis (hence the high rings) but other than that she's done.  Shoots 1/2" groups @ 100 yards with 168 smk


What rail is that?


It looks like the SASS rail :

MidwayUSA



10/19/2011 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lwbyo1:
Originally Posted By sturmjr:
Originally Posted By RuLins05:
DPMS upper receiver, BCG, rail and some other small parts.  Lower is a TM, barrel is BHW.  It is DPMS patterned so hopefully that's good enough!
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/silverchev05/DSC01567.jpg
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/silverchev05/DSC01569.jpg
Still need to add buis (hence the high rings) but other than that she's done.  Shoots 1/2" groups @ 100 yards with 168 smk


What rail is that?


It looks like the SASS rail :

MidwayUSA





Yup, thats it!
10/22/2011 12:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sparks556][Edited] [#41]
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/Sparks556/GEDC0275.jpg
Not the greatest pic but its in there some were..Not mine but my buddies..
10/22/2011 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sparks556:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/Sparks556/GEDC0275.jpg
Not the greatest pic but its in there some were..Not mine but my buddies..


That's a badass picture, even if we can barely see the rifle.    
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."--H.L. Mencken
10/25/2011 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#43]

10/29/2011 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#44]
This is from 5:25 PM EST Last Saturday:



I had to make it SFW because it is on my desktop at work.  Gun is an older DPMS LR-308 with Bill Springfield trigger, Ace stock, Ebay (now primary arms) mount, and in SC there si no mag limits, so it has a 20 rd. aftermarket synthetic.  I intend to Duracoat it after the season
10/29/2011 6:16:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial][Edited] [#45]
DMPS LR308 Classic with factory freefloat quadrail, Millet TRS scope, Warne Maxima Q/D rings, MBUS2 rear folding BUIS, Magpul AFG1, side-mounted bipod, and Hogue pistol grip.





200yds, 0.4 MOA (bottom right target)



200yds, 0.8 MOA (bottom left target)



10/29/2011 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#46]




Enjoying my DPMS!

11/10/2011 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#47]
keee-righst!!

that looks like a MOOSE!!

11/10/2011 11:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fireman9080][Edited] [#48]
@Eyekahn, and acogmike.  Hey, is the rail on your uppers higher than the rail on your lower?  As in, they dont meet?  I only ask, because I was just asking about this in another thread.  How do you get around this?  I am looking at buying one, and would rather not have to deal with it.  I realize that DPMS has about 3 different uppers that they use on their 308's.  Very nice rifles though guys.  Great thread.  Thanks, 9080
11/11/2011 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#49]
DPMS stripped upper and lower, Fulton guts.

11/11/2011 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 20
Next Page

DPMS Rifle Pictures Thread (Page 15 of 20)

AR Sponsor