Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2004 11:15:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 11:53:32 AM EST by chapperjoe]
It was going on a post ban 9mm setup so I inquired as to whether we could have the stock 'fixed' in a near collapsed position. viper came through in FLYING colors, even modding the battery tubes with suction covers, o-rings and all. The stock is wonderful and the workmanship of viper is top notch, He's a great guy to deal with. The pics speak for themselves....

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:36:59 AM EST
red x
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:42:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 11:44:08 AM EST by Kisara]

Also: Your Crane Stock Album link asks for a password to access it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:38:37 PM EST
Nice looking rig you have there, chapperjoe.

Stock work looks factory.

It is ironic that many collapsible stock users end up with their stock in a single shooting position, given the fact that few have the complication of body armor, etc. to require changing the LOP.

But I am curious as to why you would stake yours, and limit that option?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:55:55 PM EST
Hogue Grip
RRA 223 lower
RRA 9mm upper
ATN digital ultra dot
G2 with shock bezel, clicker tailcap, YHM offset mount and weaver-brand double ring mount
Surefire M73 rail system
Fake silencer
Swan sleeve std on top with buis
Crane clone stock on the back
No sling cause this is a toy, not a weapon
And I just got 6 colt mags ($o$u$c$h$) and 10 uzi mags converted to BHO on last round.

Problem is this sweet setup is postban and I live in a perma-ban state.
I like the length of the entry stock, but wanted the sopmod options. This was a perfect choice for me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:10:23 PM EST
That rifle looks sweet Chapper.. Glad I could help ya out on the stock. i think your the only one who i sold a post ban set up to that has actualy posted pics........ Ive got a couple more tubes, just gota get enough stocks to keep up and ill be good to go.... Didnt think the stocks would take off like they did........
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:14:15 PM EST
since yall like the pics, I've got tons more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:18:49 PM EST

that's all i got ya leetches.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:38:12 PM EST
Your photos came out nice.

So I take it your battery tubes are also fixed or glued into the stock? It looks like it now works the way a Vltor does. Here's a pic of the same replica stock with storage tube removed, next to a genuine LMT:

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:17:13 PM EST
I literally bought a new camera JUST for arfkom. I was getting jealous of my fuzzy pics next to everyone's real ones!

The battery tubes ARE fixed, and I get them in and out just like my four vltors.
Cheek weld is almost exactly the same on both. I love both brands and jus tbought an ACE socom and magpul 93A for comparison.

I paid for the alterations, but as you can see, it's top notch work.
And I don't have to worry abou using a clone stock cause it's a 9mm, though I haven't heard ANY complaints on viper's thread from those who use it on 223 either.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:09:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
Hogue Grip
RRA 223 lower
RRA 9mm upper
ATN digital ultra dot
G2 with shock bezel, clicker tailcap, YHM offset mount and weaver-brand double ring mount
Surefire M73 rail system
Fake silencer
Swan sleeve std on top with buis
Crane clone stock on the back
No sling cause this is a toy, not a weapon
And I just got 6 colt mags ($o$u$c$h$) and 10 uzi mags converted to BHO on last round.

Problem is this sweet setup is postban and I live in a perma-ban state.
I like the length of the entry stock, but wanted the sopmod options. This was a perfect choice for me.

Fake silencer? What's the point, just to look cool? If it doesn't function, it seems kinda silly to stick it on there for looks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:11:05 PM EST
I'm all abou thte anti-airsoft / anti-tacpoint / anti fake-can crap.
But in this age of sunsets and perma bans a rifle with nothing on the end seems so weak.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:48:39 AM EST
What do those cost? I like the old school CAR stock the best, but those have an old school look, with a new tecnhnology look to it....

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:59:08 AM EST
this custom stock was $110
Here's the thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=218028
But contact viper5194 , he is a great guy to deal with and communicates very well, quick responses, etc.
Top Top