Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:55 PM EDT
I have read the FAQ, and maybe I missed it.

It is my understanding that Colt, Rock River, and ASA all use the same design for Mags and Mag blocks? Does that mean I could use Colt Mags in a Rock River or ASA upper without a block?

thank you

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:35:43 PM EDT
Got to have some sort of "block" to take up the extra space of the std AR/M16 556 magwell to correctly locate the smaller space occupying 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:13:00 PM EDT
So does that mean the colt 9mm lower has a dif magwell, or that the colts come with a removeable block?

thank you

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:43:17 AM EDT
A Colt 9mm rifle will have a regular .223 magwell in which two mag well blocks are inserted and pinned in place to be (more or less) permanent.

Individuals who use their .223 lowers to create a 9mm rifle will generally use a removable-type block because they don't want to drill holes in the magwell area of their lowers. These are held in place by the upper receiver (in the case of a drop in from the top block) or by spring-loaded detents (Crossfire) or angled set screws (Wilson two-piece) or by the .223 mag catch (Hy-tech?). This is only a sampling- there are a lot of different systems out there.
Top Top