Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 7:38:15 AM EDT
Anybody tried one?

Durable?  Function?   Fit??

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I traded in my MKI lower for a MKII.

These puppies are rugged as hell and function great. Ergonomics and fit are exceptional.

In short, I love it!

Coyote Brown MKII Lower w/A1 upper, 16" M4 barrel w/AimPoint and A2 flash suppressor
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Just assembled my first one this morning. So far, so good. It's a little different than assembling a conventional aluminum lower but not dauntingly so.

A couple of items:

1: If you're putting in a custom trigger like an Accuracy Speaks, JP, etc. you need to be aware that the lower receiver dimensions will change a bit when you press the upper reciever on. Therefore, just because you think you installed/tuned the FCG perfectly with the upper off; when you put the upper on and start shooting, you may be in for a surprise.

2: This setup is not for the short-fingered folks (like me). The grip is set back far enough that I have to shift my grip to drop the mag or fully disengage the safety. I'm trying to get a fix for this from Cav Arms as we speak.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I've tried it and love them.  Have more then 2 .

But they won't stay Cavalry Arms much longer.  Cavalry Arms anounced that the CAV15 will be no longer.  They are becoming and OEM manufactuer for Eagle Arms.... that means in the future, the lowers will be labled Eagle Arms.  Cav will make it for them, so went the posting.

I only have one of current models, the MKII.  Haven't built that one upyet, but the older ones are great.  Fit and fuction is great.  Some issues w/ the early models, ie tight buffer and such.  But the MKII addressed the issues the MKI had.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Tight fit, but thats better than a sloppy fit I reckon.  Nice and light, fun to pack around with you in the hills.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought one at a gunshow this afternoon and assembled it when I got home.  All the parts fit in it well, the fit of the upper is very tight but not so bad that it is a problem.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Can they be had with a colapsable stock?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yup, I've tried it and love them.  Have more then 2 hey
I only have one of current models, the MKII.  Haven't built that one upyet, but the older ones are great.  Fit and fuction is great.  Some issues w/ the early models, ie tight buffer and such.  But the MKII addressed the issues the MKI had.

Armalite
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I won a lower receiver at "BRD" this year. I'm getting ready to send off the certificate and upgrade to a complete receiver. I'll keep the board posted on the results.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I know that there are a lot of people here that love Cav Arms, and im not flaming cav arms owners,  but IMHO I think they are ugly as hell.  I dont like the idea of owning a AR with out a collapsable stock.  Just a pet pev of mine.
Remman
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can they be had with a colapsable stock?

No they can not.
But when you compare them against an A2 lower they are a pound lighter..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top