Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:56:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 5:57:10 PM EST by Mountain6288]
Im in CT. We have our own AWB. BUT, can I now get a Pre-ban rifle, not on our list sent into our state?
www.state.ct.us/dps/SLFU/FirearmsAssaultWeaponsList.htm

What would be the most desirable lower-rifle ( for a M-4 type setup) , Colts seem out of the question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:19:52 PM EST
I don't fully understand your question, but i'll give you the quick n' dirty.

You can buy any pre-ban firearm as long as it isn't on the list. You CANNOT build a new firearm into pre-ban configuration.

SO... feel free to buy any Bushmaster, PWA, Oly, etc pre-ban and have at it! (Try to get some proof of manufacture date)

I bought a PWA complete lower a few months back... i'll build it when funds are available.

If im not mistaken, you cannot buy anything with "Colt" on it... they are banned by name.

I have been offered and have handled a Colt in a gun store, so I might be missing something.

We'll get more replies in a bit... try the New England hometown forum...

- BG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:09:50 AM EST
Sorry for confusion.

With the "new" supply of " Pre Ct Ban " items, I am cheaking legality of importing a older weapon into CT, that can have all the evil goodies.
I dont see any Bushmasters on list, so there must be a lot of those on the market that can be transfered here.

To many laws, too many ideas.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:54:01 AM EST
Yes you can get any "preban" AR-Type rifle as long is it is not a Colt AR15 or SPorter, any other manufacturer is fine!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:04:01 AM EST
BTW, anybody know what date the CT AWB took effect?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:11:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:23:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 10:02:31 AM EST by madone]

Originally Posted By rag:
Yes you can get any "preban" AR-Type rifle as long is it is not a Colt AR15 or SPorter, any other manufacturer is fine!

So R U saying I could buy this model today if I lived in CT?
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

Or can I take my "post-ban" and put a new upper on it along with a telescoping stock?
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/pre-ban/bura2b16m4.asp

Sorry I am a little confuseda about my new or not new rights in CT

OK I just found the answers to my own questions over in the New England forum www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=26&t=184683&page=1
Top Top