Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 6:56:22 PM EDT
Im in CT. We have our own AWB. BUT, can I now get a Pre-ban rifle, not on our list sent into our state?
www.state.ct.us/dps/SLFU/FirearmsAssaultWeaponsList.htm

What would be the most desirable lower-rifle ( for a M-4 type setup) , Colts seem out of the question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't fully understand your question, but i'll give you the quick n' dirty.

You can buy any pre-ban firearm as long as it isn't on the list.  You CANNOT build a new firearm into pre-ban configuration.

SO... feel free to buy any Bushmaster, PWA, Oly, etc pre-ban and have at it!  (Try to get some proof of manufacture date)

I bought a PWA complete lower a few months back... i'll build it when funds are available.

If im not mistaken, you cannot buy anything with "Colt" on it... they are banned by name.

I have been offered and have handled a Colt in a gun store, so I might be missing something.

We'll get more replies in a bit... try the New England hometown forum...

- BG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for confusion.

With the "new" supply of " Pre Ct Ban " items, I am cheaking legality of importing a older weapon into CT, that can have all the evil goodies.
I dont see any Bushmasters on list, so there must be a lot of those on the market that can be transfered here.

To many laws, too many ideas.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can get any "preban" AR-Type rifle as long is it is not a Colt AR15 or SPorter, any other manufacturer is fine!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW, anybody know what date the CT AWB took effect?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes you can get any "preban" AR-Type rifle as long is it is not a Colt AR15 or SPorter, any other manufacturer is fine!

So R U saying I could buy this model today if I lived in CT?
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

Or can I take my "post-ban" and put a new upper on it along with a telescoping stock?
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/pre-ban/bura2b16m4.asp

Sorry I am a little confuseda about my new or not new rights in CT

OK I just found the answers to my own questions over in the New England forum www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=26&t=184683&page=1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top