Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/6/2004 11:15:59 AM EST
http://www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-lower.jpg

Looks like the cost of building a CMP/NM AR-15A2 Service Rifle is a lot more then just buying one. A lot of "Bang For The Buck" can be had from the following AR Manufactuers.

All of the following is a list of companies offering CMP/NM AR-15A3 Rifles and Uppers;

Bushmaster and Compass Lake are both available though the CMP AR-15-Type Competition Rifle Purchase Program.

http://www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-upper.jpg
Civilian Marksmanship Program Bushmaster

As of today, you can only buy the Rifle in "Post-Ban" Config, but Uppers are offered in both "Pre" & "Post-Ban" Configs.

What say you folks?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:38:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 11:39:29 AM EST by Krazny13]
I built mine for $1000.
Eagle Arms Lower $100
RRA LPK $55
RRA Buttstock $52
Jewell Trigger $100
WOA NM upper $700
total $1007.

That was cheaper than the CMP program stuff at the time. And it shoots far better than I can.
I saved $100-$200, plus I learned how to put it together, how it works, and how to replace stuff if it breaks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:09:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Frank_Sottile:
www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-lower.jpg

Looks like the cost of building a CMP/NM AR-15A2 Service Rifle is a lot more then just buying one. A lot of "Bang For The Buck" can be had from the following AR Manufactuers.

All of the following is a list of companies offering CMP/NM AR-15A3 Rifles and Uppers;

Bushmaster and Compass Lake are both available though the CMP AR-15-Type Competition Rifle Purchase Program.

www.bushmaster.com/images/dcm-upper.jpg
Civilian Marksmanship Program Bushmaster

As of today, you can only buy the Rifle in "Post-Ban" Config, but Uppers are offered in both "Pre" & "Post-Ban" Configs.

What say you folks?

Bushmaster's two stage trigger is crap and you will end up replacing it in short order.

Of all those you mention, you will see far more CLE and Rock River rifles on the line than any of the others. Another company to check out is www.whiteoakarmament.com
Top Top