Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:36:05 AM EDT
Well.....it's that time to again to deal with the adverse effects of black rifle disease.

Which LPK is "better" and why? Is there any reason to buy one over the other?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a Stag/CMT lpk, THey are the best around
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't know there was a huge wait on the Bushy kits....I've heard of severe backorders and waits on barrels/uppers, rifles and bolts....didn't know even the LPK's were like that also.

Going to call them up and see. If there is a wait involved, guess CMT will be the ticket.

Just wondered which one was better, or if the difference warranted buying one over the other.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a thread about all brands of LPK.

Differences in LPK's thread link
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a toss up. I have used both and have been very happy. More exp. with bushy and have seen an M16 disconnecter demilled and not touched up (re-finished.) Not a big deal but if u'r fussy... This was during the ban, before they were swamped. Buy whatever is cheaper and avail. (My $0.02) -Al
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive used the Bushmasters and know for sure they are top shelf... Ive read a lot of good feedback about the CMT/STAG LPK's...

I haven't tried the CMT/STAG kits as of yet, but plan on doing so real soon, just to see for myself how they compare to the others...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Both are top notch. CMT is surely cheaper and more readily available so I say go with CMT.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Both are top notch. CMT is surely cheaper and more readily available so I say go with CMT.

The quality of the STAG LPK is alot better better than BM, IMO
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I've used both and found the fit and finish on the Bushmaster to be slightly better on some parts.  BUT, I do prefer the stainless, slotted pistol grip screw and aluminum trigger guard on the CMT/Stag.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
i feel that bushmaster's lpk's are hard to beat.

most have said that rra lpk's are nice but imo they are crap compared to bushmaster's

so if cmt is anything like rra then there you have it.

just my opinion
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Stag!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems like most of the folks that have experience with both prefer the CMT except for 1.

Beyond that, Bushmaster is the most liked, but the vast majority of Bushmaster LPK folks haven't tried CMT yet....

hmmm

Maybe I'll flip a coin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top