Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 10:23:34 AM EDT
I see the Burris XTR II with the uncapped turrets is on sale, is being uncapped even though it has a Zero Stop a deal breaker? Would you recommend the Burris XTR II Rifle Scope over the Trijicon Accupower 1-4x24, or the Steiner PX4I 1-4x24, and why?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:12:47 PM EDT
Exact same scopes that were on my list.  Ended up with the Burris because I got an awesome deal from Midway.  The uncapped turrets are addressed in this YouTube video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ixYAkiaVs

by Superset. I agree it's a non-issue.  I can't comment on the other scopes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:24:55 PM EDT
I've only used the Steiner but it's fantastic, esp at that price - have one on order right now.  The XTR II is supposed to be great and I wouldn't sweat uncapped turrets so long as they're stiff enough, but I'd be surprised if it offers anything over the Steiner to justify the higher price other than a wee bit of additional zoom.

The Accupower does not have daylight bright illumination if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:51:03 PM EDT
I really like the reticle on the Burris but it is one heavy scope. I can get it for about the same as the Steiner which is slightly heavier than the Trijicon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:40:22 PM EDT
The turrets on the Burris are VERY stiff.  And it is heavy, the reticle is quiet nice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:11:19 PM EDT
Burris XTR ll

Big fan
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:14:27 PM EDT
Is $500 a good price for the uncapped model?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:36:16 PM EDT
Others that watch the prices can provide you a more accurate answer, but from what I've seen...yes.  Also, having fondled and looked through mine, I think they are  very attractive at non-sale prices.  Great bang for buck, especially at these sale prices.  YMMV
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
As a pleased AccuPower owner, I'd try the Steiner if I had to buy another 1-4x
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:05:22 PM EDT
Shot the Steiner today. I have some experience with the Trijicon and used some of the XTR II line but they were the higher powered models. I'm absolutely in love with the Steiner. I like it better than the Vortex Razor 1-6 I used to own. One I played with today was on a 14.5 BCM upper and I was making hits at 550 without much issue. Great glass, dot is super bright and it doesn't weigh a ton. If you can't tell I really like the Steiner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:18:58 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shot the Steiner today. I have some experience with the Trijicon and used some of the XTR II line but they were the higher powered models. I'm absolutely in love with the Steiner. I like it better than the Vortex Razor 1-6 I used to own. One I played with today was on a 14.5 BCM upper and I was making hits at 550 without much issue. Great glass, dot is super bright and it doesn't weigh a ton. If you can't tell I really like the Steiner.
View Quote
What makes you like the Steiner more than the razor?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:14:35 PM EDT
Well I ordered the Steiner today, I appreciate everyone's feedback. The Steiner's weight was a major factor, plus I like the minimalist reticle that is daylight bright.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:40:09 PM EDT
I think that's a great choice...
Top Top