Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 4:37:25 PM EDT
Looking for a two or three mag carrier, belt mounted...

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I´ve heard there are new USGI? belt pouches there, with two 30 rounders, not side by side as in classic pouch, but the two are stacked.

Also somewhere on the net I found once a GI type belt pouch for 3 30 mags ( side by side ) but not with grenade pockets at the sides, but pistol mag pouches instead - and I cant find it any more!!!

Any help appreciated, H

( I hope this is not hijacking the thread )
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Here are a couple links that if nothing else show a wide variety to choose from and the manufacturers of each.

lightfighter.com/istar.asp?a=3&dept=POUCHE

www.optactical.com/mollepouches.html
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
If I wanted to stick with belt mag carriers I'd just go with several Blade-Tech kydex mag carriers.  I like to use multiple singles rather than one piece multiple carriers because they're more flexible as to where you can position them.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Fine for competition, but I look for a "use" pouch, closed on top for protection of mags and ammo ...

Anybody: new mag pouches for two mags, not  ( 3 ) side by side, but two above another, preferrably without noise ( read: NO VELCRO! ), or the GI mag pouch with two pistol mag pouches at the sides, instead of the grenade pouches??? WHERE???

Thanks, H                  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
If you've already fired 20 or 30rounds and need to reload the vlecro noise isn't something you'll need to worry about.

As far as some good mag pouches check out the following companies.

Tactical Tailor
SOTech
TAG
Eagle Industries
Spectre
ESSTAC
Blackhawk
Paraclete
HSGI
CSM
SDS

I'm sure there's plenty of others I may have missed but it should be a good list to start with.

Also, take a look at Lightfighter.com and see what's availble that might meet you needs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you've already fired 20 or 30rounds and need to reload the vlecro noise isn't something you'll need to worry about.hr

Pardon, but I disagree!

If, after some rounds you want to make a tactical reload, all silent, and you open that velcro ... even slow, it will attract a lot of attention!

Thanks for the tips, I´ll try those!

H
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:43:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you've already fired 20 or 30rounds and need to reload the vlecro noise isn't something you'll need to worry about.

Pardon, but I disagree!

If, after some rounds you want to make a tactical reload, all silent, and you open that velcro ... even slow, it will attract a lot of attention!

Thanks for the tips, I´ll try those!

H

Generally when you carry several mag pouches one of them will be designated as the primary reload pouch and it's left open with the flap tucked in behind the mag.   This gives you access for a quick tactical or combat reload as needed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#9]
www.optactical.com

Lots of mag carriers to choose from.  I have some SpecOps X-4's and like them  just fine.  Some mag carriers have "silenceable" velcro, which you can secure out of the way if you don't want to use velcro.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top