Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2013 5:46:23 PM EST
So I am putting a free float fluted Handgaurd on my current build. So I'm going to need a gas block/sight combo or gas block w/ rails. I'm really overwelmed with all the choices and I'm wondering what would be my best options? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:01:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 7:06:12 PM EST by B62stew]
Originally Posted By WaltherMan9mm:
So I am putting a free float fluted Handgaurd on my current build. So I'm going to need a gas block/sight combo or gas block w/ rails. I'm really overwelmed with all the choices and I'm wondering what would be my best options? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
View Quote

I have used a clamp on gas block with attached font sight form Yankee Hill Machine. Zero Problems. Just make sure your Freefloat Rail and your Front Sight/ gas block combo are level with the Upper receiver.

Edit: You can also go with a low profile gas block and put your front sight on the FF rail.

When I went to build mine, I looked at the Photos of others people's Ar-15 builds to get an idea.

Gunstruction is a great tool to use as a guide

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:17:16 PM EST
there really is no best option. just what you thing will look best becuase there are pleanty of qualitiy front sights to choose from
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:36:03 PM EST
Only one I have experience with is the PRI offering. No complaints at all.

Some others makers are YHM, Wilson Combat, KAC, Vltor, and ARMS. Though I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:57:43 PM EST
I have used or installed:

PRI- loved it, still use one.
YHM- Good for the money.
ARMS- Great sight a little pricey.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:17:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By WaltherMan9mm:
View Quote

the combo gas block and front sight adds a level of expense to a basic gas block....but i wanted one for my build as well and chose Vltor's VST...its nice.
Top Top