I use it. Any pros and cons about it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/601347_Frog_Lube.html

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=561709

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=612417

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=2&f=381&t=244169

A few hits from typing ar15.com froglube into google.  There are other threads that contain individual posts about froglube.  Maybe these will help you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
       Never heard of it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I used some the first time this weekend.  I have a few samplers from a 3 gun I shot.  I ran it in a few subguns, and about the only thing I can say is that it smells good.  It has a spearmint smell.

It lasted a few hundred rounds but seemed to be burned off by the end of the day.  I have a few more packets so I'll keep using it to see if I have an application it may excel at.

TL:DR

Smells good
Burns off in full-auto use
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
       Never heard of it.  
View Quote

AWESOME!  I blew Diet Coke from my nose on this one!
You sir, are a true Artist!

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I use it and it works very well for me so far even in the rain.  I have used CLPs in the past that would degrade in the rain, FL seems to hold up well.  Clean up has become easier using it and it seems to lube just as well.  Just remember to follow the directions, a little goes a long way especially with the paste in my experience.  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It that the lubricant with conflicting information about its development ranging from invented by seals to found in a cannon to repackaged rollar coster lube? The one that uses amway like marketing where new sellers of the product spam the gun boards asking about it? That one?

If so, in my experiance its a very poor rust preventative, worthless as a bore cleaner but works good for lubing sliding glass door tracks.

Or maybe im confusing it with another product?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It that the lubricant with conflicting information about its development ranging from invented by seals to found in a cannon to repackaged rollar coster lube? The one that uses amway like marketing where new sellers of the product spam the gun boards asking about it? That one?

If so, in my experiance its a very poor rust preventative, worthless as a bore cleaner but works good for lubing sliding glass door tracks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's the one for basting BBQ'd BCGs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I've tried it but now I'm using Fireclean.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I just refilled my small oiler bottle from a gallon jug of 15-year old USGI surplus Royco.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top