Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:10:55 PM EDT
I am after a USGI A1 pencil barrel. Fulton doesn't seem to have them for sale anymore. Anyone else have them?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster.

I bought mine from GDS_Scott on the EE, but he appears to be out of Stock.  

Search the EE for Bushmaster and see if any other dealers have them.

I heard RUMORS of a 1:7 twist Bushy Superlight group buy possibly coming up in the near future.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What length? Leitner-Wise has some up to 16", 1-in-7 chrome-lined. If you ask nicely, maybe they'll sell you one loose......
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
i buy mine from gds_enterprise as well.

jt distributing offers them along with colt
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I am after a 20".
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sabre Defense/Talon Arms has 20" government profile (lightweight) barrels, but with true M4 extensions, 1 in 7" twist, and chrome lined Mil-B-1159F Vandium Alloy.  Not an A1 barrel, but might do.

details
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Talk about harsh. I have XX,000 commercial contract Colt M16A1s sitting in a warehouse, never fired reserve stocks and you need ONE barrel. Unfortunately to get that ONE barrel into the US is as much work as getting the whole lot in........

Simon
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
This might be a noob comment, but isn't $300 for a pencil barrel a bit steep?  I am also looking for a 20", gov't profile, 1-7", chrome-lined barrel, but that's a BIG pill to swallow!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Talk about harsh. I have XX,000 commercial contract Colt M16A1s sitting in a warehouse, never fired reserve stocks and you need ONE barrel. Unfortunately to get that ONE barrel into the US is as much work as getting the whole lot in........

Simon

Are two barrels worth it?? I will take one too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This might be a noob comment, but isn't $300 for a pencil barrel a bit steep?  I am also looking for a 20", gov't profile, 1-7", chrome-lined barrel, but that's a BIG pill to swallow!

That is what I thought, but you have to remember they are turning it from a 1" some times larger stock and that takes more machine time.

Time is money, not to mention the lathe tools.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Talk about harsh. I have XX,000 commercial contract Colt M16A1s sitting in a warehouse, never fired reserve stocks and you need ONE barrel. Unfortunately to get that ONE barrel into the US is as much work as getting the whole lot in........hr

The harsh part is all of those beautiful select fire lowers that can never come home
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top