Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/29/2012 3:08:59 PM EDT
I have a ASA 9mm kit on a Bushmaster lower. I bought it used about 10 years ago off the EE from a member in CT (Forgot your name, we met at a Italian / pizza place you worked near Corbins Corner, IM me if you are still around). It has a postban fixed CAR stock. My question is does the 9MM use a special buffer / spring? My plans are to replace the "fake" CAR stock with a A1 buffer / stock assy. I Emailed ASA with this question a week back, and haven't got a reply.

Thank you in advance

OSA
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:25:57 PM EDT
A1/A2 tube will use plain old A1/A2 rifle buffer and rifle spring..
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 5:51:47 PM EDT by astrafire]
This is wrong.
Originally Posted By SBR7_11:
A1/A2 tube will use plain old A1/A2 rifle buffer and rifle spring..

Note that the buffer in a 9mm is usually twice as heavy as a normal CAR buffer. In other words, your buffer is special in your fake CAR stock. The spring in your CAR stock is a regular carbine buffer spring.

To use an A1 or A2 buffer tube with your 9mm buffer and carbine buffer spring, you will need to buy a spacer that slides down into the A1/A2 tube first.

This is an example spacer

http://www.riflegear.com/p-398-rra-9mm-stock-spacer.aspx

Get your A1/A2 tube on with stock, put spacer in, then put in your old 9mm buffer and carbine spring.

An argument can be made that a regular rifle buffer and rifle buffer spring should work. However, a heavier buffer (i.e. 9mm) is better for dwell time and keeping gas out of your face. Further, it is cheaper to only get a spacer as opposed to a rifle buffer spring and a rifle buffer that "should" work.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:55:54 PM EDT
astrafire,

Is it safe to assume, that I could buy a M4 6pos stock, and install it with my buffer and spring........everything should work??

Thank you for the info.

OSA
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:53:17 PM EDT
This is correct.
Originally Posted By OSA:

Is it safe to assume, that I could buy a M4 6pos stock, and install it with my buffer and spring........everything should work??

Top Top