Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:54:33 AM EDT
Did anyone see that ACE AR-15 bulpup at the shot show??  I guess it's a prototype, but did it ever look and feel good.. it was very well designed. It's going to be a huge hit, the best part is it can be made in any caliber you want 6.8 ,762x39 6mm223 etc.  The owner of Ace was talking about selling it, as a kit where you supply the lower and put it together  and he was thinking about trying to offer it for under $500.00 each... Crazy....762
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for pics
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Crazy man...Craaaazy lookin'

I wonder if a 30 rounds mag will fit...just barely

I heard that the FN P90 will have a drop in upper for AR's as well, where the empty shells will drop out the floor of the magwell.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Needs an evil barrel shroud.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
just cuz it uses AR parts does not make it an AR-15 Bullpup.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to bob the owner of ACE LTD at length about his Bulpup and I fitted a 30 rounder into it and they fit in no problem I found it even more ergonomic with the 30 round magazine installed due to the curve, also both of the forward pistol grips can rotate left and or right outward away from the centerline as well as moving the pistol grip forward if needed,  So the magazine will never be in the way. It uses a stock AR Lower, Upper, bolt, barrel magazine etc.  The carrier is shortened and uses a piston and spring like the Para FAL.  Another issue was the left hand shooter, for them the Stag arms upper and lower can be used to make a left hand  bulpup out of it.  It is still in the development process so it will look differently when it is ready for completion.  I talked to him about possibly using his own extrusion for the top and making the left and right rails removable  as well as what kind of covering to put on the cheek piece,  foam is easy on the cheek but will get tore up quick in the field.  The butt stock part very likely will be injection molded plastic.    A QCB was also talked about some. It could be included into the system as well.   I've personally never like the design of bul-pup's but this one handled better and felt better then any other one i've used even the Styer AUGs that I've shot.   762
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
 Weird and interesting.  I bet changing magazines is a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard that the FN P90 will have a drop in upper for AR's as well, where the empty shells will drop out the floor of the magwell.

You speak of the Rhineland Arms 5.7mm upper they are about to release.
Cool pics, check them out at:

http://www.rhinelandarms.com

B_S
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Needs an evil barrel shroud.

yes it does.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Or the rail system to be extended to the end..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Eh...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Crazy man...Craaaazy lookin'
www.aceltdusa.com/images06/ARBP/ARBP-ss.jpg

I wonder if a 30 rounds mag will fit...just barely

I like AR15s.  I like some bullpup rifles.  AR15 parts mashed into a bullpup... won't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I talked to bob the owner of ACE LTD at length about his Bulpup and I fitted a 30 rounder into it and they fit in no problem I found it even more ergonomic with the 30 round magazine installed due to the curve, also both of the forward pistol grips can rotate left and or right outward away from the centerline as well as moving the pistol grip forward if needed,  So the magazine will never be in the way. It uses a stock AR Lower, Upper, bolt, barrel magazine etc.  The carrier is shortened and uses a piston and spring like the Para FAL.  Another issue was the left hand shooter, for them the Stag arms upper and lower can be used to make a left hand  bulpup out of it.  It is still in the development process so it will look differently when it is ready for completion.  I talked to him about possibly using his own extrusion for the top and making the left and right rails removable  as well as what kind of covering to put on the cheek piece,  foam is easy on the cheek but will get tore up quick in the field.  The butt stock part very likely will be injection molded plastic.    A QCB was also talked about some. It could be included into the system as well.   I've personally never like the design of bul-pup's but this one handled better and felt better then any other one i've used even the Styer AUGs that I've shot.   762

I am going to take your word on that one. Because from the looks of it there is no way that thing looks like it could feel as good as a Steyr AUG.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW!

From the shitty trigger and the Ergo Grip to the chopped up Predator Rail system, it's Fugly.  

That thing seriously needs a longer "body" to cover up that barrel.  

They need to go back to the drawing board, get rid of the stolen predator rail and redesign the "trigger pack" portion to make it closer to the barrel and therefore not as low-slung.

Give it to ACE to put Huffy Handlebar Foam on yet another Fugly invention...

Seriously, who thought it would be funny to photoshop this monster?  this ain't real...

ETA:  Shoulda scanned the list of topics a little better.  HERE
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
WOW!

From the shitty trigger and the Ergo Grip to the chopped up Predator Rail system, it's Fugly.  

That thing seriously needs a longer "body" to cover up that barrel.  

They need to go back to the drawing board, get rid of the stolen predator rail and redesign the "trigger pack" portion to make it closer to the barrel and therefore not as low-slung.

Give it to ACE to put Huffy Handlebar Foam on yet another Fugly invention...

Seriously, who thought it would be funny to photoshop this monster?  this ain't real...

ETA:  Shoulda scanned the list of topics a little better.  HERE

http://www.selfdefenseforums.com/images/bullpup.jpg
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#15]
That is quite possibly the ugliest rifle I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I must be missing something.  How does the trigger connect to the fire control group?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#17]
If I want a 5.56mm bullpup, I'll stick with an AUG. That IS fugly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Goofy is as goofy does!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I must be missing something.  How does the trigger connect to the fire control group?

+1

Still can't figure that out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If I want a 5.56mm bullpup, I'll stick with an AUG. That IS fugly.

Or an Enfield SA-80
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

remote control... the device up forward is not really a VFG, it is an antenna that transmits signals via UHF to a control center worn on the shooter's belt, this in turn sends the control signal to a tiny solenoid robot that lives in the rear housing... he then manipulates the trigger and safety mechanism from inside the housing.

Kenny wasn't like the other kids...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

A rod linkage of some sort is usually used in bullpups, which is why the trigger is usually not as good.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

A rod linkage of some sort is usually used in bullpups, which is why the trigger is usually not as good.  

I think most people were just funnin' about that...

Perhaps?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Yeah, I realize that.  

I just don't see how the trigger and grip appears to be mounted on a FF tube and and are somehow connected to the innards on the lower.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That is quite possibly the ugliest rifle I have ever seen.

Iagree 100%
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I think most people were just funnin' about that...

img88.imageshack.us/img88/4746/arbpss2rk.jpg
Perhaps?

well at least they put the rod as far from the trigger as possible so it can bind more easily...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

No shit, but where's the rod?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#28]
The connector Rod is under the tube in the circled (1) and (2) pictured, it is well positioned connecting the forward trigger to the rear trigger inside the lower receiver.   The trigger should be very good when it is finished from what I understand the connecting linkage can be adjustable to remove any creep or over travel and since it uses a stock lower with stock GI parts any drop in match trigger can be installed in it.  A JP with speed hammer would be a good fire control set up.      I know many people don't like bulpups, I'm one of them, they are ugly as hell his  so who knows.  If the kit ends up being sold for $500 or less that is a very cheap bulpup option.   762
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Or the rail system to be extended to the end..

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I actually had a nightmare last night about this thing
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Isn't the P90 ugly enough?...do they have to uglify the AR too?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I LOVE UGLY!! and beat up AR`S
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#34]
There is another Bulpup AR even uglier then ACE's the goose something or other, but for the right application the short OAL combined with the long barrel is function over form.  Back when the M-14 was the U.S. main battle rifle the new AR-15 was the Ugly plastic toy rifle, times have changed.  I do hope the U.S. never adopts a Bulpup rifle.   I'd be ashamed to plug an enemy soldier with one.     762  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I have never seen a turd that fired bullets before... Guess there is a first time for everything.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#36]
ACE?  Since when does this fucker make AR15s?

Isn't it supposed to be Helpful Hardware?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/BP_parts.JPG

So by using an AR upper, and adding all kinds of stuff on there, how does this make it an AR bullpup (Bullpoop) upper?  Nice way to turn an ergonomic weapon platform into a range novelty.
BTW are you going to purchase a dealer membership or just freeload for a few web hits?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top