Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:11:09 PM EDT
I called Ohio Rapid Fire a couple months ago when they advertised surplus A1 uppers in SGN.  I was told they were grading them.  I got a call this am they are graded and now ready for sale.  $300 for excellent; $275 for very good; $250 for good.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked at their site. I didnot see them. Are they complete barreled uppers (I would hope at that price) or just the upper? FA and no Brass deflector?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
I looked at their site. I didnot see them. Are they complete barreled uppers (I would hope at that price) or just the upper? FA and no Brass deflector?

Try Ohio Ordinance Works the above poster was confused.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Had me confused too.
I couldn't find them either...off to see OOW.

ETA: No dice.  
They're still being graded according to the website.
I'll have to check back later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
They in stock- pot luck as far as selection. They are priced upon condition. They will have some at the SAR show in York, Pa in 2 weeks. They have no slick side receivers- they are all Fwd/Assist uppers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably haven't updated the website yet.

Sweet...I'll pick another one up at the York show.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They have no slick side receivers- they are all Fwd/Assist uppers.

Fwd assist without brass deflectors?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They have no slick side receivers- they are all Fwd/Assist uppers.

Fwd assist without brass deflectors?

Yes. A1 uppers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:58:27 AM EDT
[#8]
The original poster confused ORF with OOW.

Ohio Ordnance Works has the A1 upper- no choice they told me, you only pay for condition and they are box up ready to be shipped.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ohio Ordnance Works has the A1 upper- no choice they told me, you only pay for condition and they are box up ready to be shipped.

I guess it depends on who you get on the phone. I talked to a woman a while back and paid $25 extra for hand selection of a Colt and I got it  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]

ISN'T

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it depends on who you get on the phone. I talked to a woman a while back and paid $25 extra for hand selection of a Colt and I got it  

What are the prices for the various conditions?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/biz/images2/ohioRapidFire/ohioRapidFire.jpg

ISN'T

www.ohioordnanceworks.com/images/header_right2.jpg

I guess the AK disease is just as bad as the BRD on the brain.

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are the prices for the various conditions?

I got a Colt 1974'ish "C MP CHROME BORE" upper that was spanking new with the barrel wick still in it. It had a couple minor dings from handling , but no internal wear. In turn, others got ones that had seen some fairly hard use, which is why I am guessing OOW pulled the ad a bit so they can regrade them.

So if the 300.00 ones are like the one I already got from them, I'll be buying another on Monday.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top