Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:57:55 AM EDT
Im looking at a AR15 for my next purchase...I was wondering is there is also a 3 day wait to get one, as they do when buying a handgun here in FL?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
And if you have a license to carry concealed, there isn't even a 3 day wait for a handgun.

Gotta love the Gunshine State....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
nope when i bought my rifle i carried it out 5 minutes later
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks...can you guys suggest a good store to get an AR15 from in central to north fl? im looking for a RRA or stag
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nope, rifles are smae day purchase so long as you are 18 years old and pas your NICS check.

I thought that tha was different per county? I've waited 3 days a few times
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The three cesspool counties (Broward, Dade, Palm Beach) all have a 5 business day wait for rifles as well as handguns.  The CWP still exempts you though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the ladies your sales staff? I may have to travel a thousand to check them..er the store out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nope, rifles are smae day purchase so long as you are 18 years old and pas your NICS check.

Since when?

I have purchased a 10/22, and an AR-15 lower.  For both of them, I had to wait FIVE days.   I am 18, and passed the background check both times of course.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa.  Florida has a waiting period for handguns if you're not CHL'd?  I would not have guessed that; I envy a few of your gun laws down there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Im looking at a AR15 for my next purchase...I was wondering is there is also a 3 day wait to get one, as they do when buying a handgun here in FL?

In SOME counties there is a 3 day wait  even for a rifle unless you have a CCW permit.  Even cops have to wait unless.  Manatee CO does not have a 3 day wait on rifles, but some do (I didn't know this until I had my lower shipped to a different FFL in tampa and found out otherwise (unless they were lieing to me because they didnt like the fact that I did a x-fer).
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#15]
As a police officer in my county I can go into a gun store in uniform (with sidearm) and I still have to wait the three days for a handgun purchase unless I am trading in a handgun or also have a permit (which I dont)You get to take home rifles and shotguns same day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If it is different per county, I wouldnt know. All I know for sure is what its like here in Duval.

We've got a couple Rock River Entry Tactical's on the shelf at the moment. There's a whole ton of stuff from about any manufacturer you could want to go on it too. We may not be the least expensive place in town (sometimes we are though), but if you want it and its for your AR, chances are high we have it in stock and will install items that need installing for free... If you find your gun for cheaper elsewhere, well who can blame you? But stop by anyway just to check out what we have to offer. Even if you dont buy from us its a great place to come see stuff first hand and decide what you want on your gun.

www.gungalleryjax.com

I go to gungallery to shoot at the range when I have time...what do you do there? name?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#17]
In the Daytona area, try Florida Gun Exchange or Shoot Straight in Apopka.

There is a 3 day wait for hanguns in Volusia (unless you have concealed weapons permit ), but long guns have on wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#18]
In Hillsborough and Pinellas county there is a 3 day wait on long arm purchases. When I moved down here it shocked the shit out of me, never had to wait on a longarm in Florida before
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it is different per county, I wouldnt know. All I know for sure is what its like here in Duval.

We've got a couple Rock River Entry Tactical's on the shelf at the moment. There's a whole ton of stuff from about any manufacturer you could want to go on it too. We may not be the least expensive place in town (sometimes we are though), but if you want it and its for your AR, chances are high we have it in stock and will install items that need installing for free... If you find your gun for cheaper elsewhere, well who can blame you? But stop by anyway just to check out what we have to offer. Even if you dont buy from us its a great place to come see stuff first hand and decide what you want on your gun.

www.gungalleryjax.com

I go to gungallery to shoot at the range when I have time...what do you do there? name?

Thanks

He's the boss.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Ignore Shoot Straight, they are only in it for the money!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#21]
new-arguy... you guys do have alot of nice stuff, but I have to say you all are high as hell and didn't want to deal... at all. But you're right, you normally have what every ya need in a pinch.

But then again... I tend to be cheap! I have a friend w/FFL that I go through. I order what I need. He calls me and tells me when it's in. So compared to some of the other stores like Bullseye, St. Nics., or Shooters... you guys are probably about the norm. But like I said... Oy Vey.. I'm cheap.

Hawkeye is over at Shooters now as well. He's a good guy & has been a straight shooter.

jaxxx123

Keep in mind there's a Fun Show this weekend at the fairgrounds. 'Sometimes' you can find a good deal.

David
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#22]
here in jax fairgrounds???  Im going to try to chec it out if I dont go out of town..I didnt know theres a few guys here from jax...where do you guys shoot at?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

There is a 3 day wait for hanguns in Volusia (unless you have concealed weapons permit ), but long guns have on wait.

you forgot how to spell your name dude.  It's Wile E. Coyote as in Wiley Coyote, Wiley being an adjective and Coyote, well, you ought to be good to go by now...

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My name is Neil, please say hi when you're in next time.

I realize most times you can get many of the things we sell cheaper online and sometimes at other shops in town. You're right, the price on the item is usually what the item sells for. While I dont have much control over what items sell for at the shop, I try to offer some things that might make it a little more worth people's while. Like free range time with gun purchases, free installation of accessories, trying to have everything you could want for your gun in one place at one time, etc. If that works for someone, we'll do what we can to help. If not, who can blame a guy for wanting to save? Not me...

I wish you guys would do the shows... give Shooters a run for their money. It's a win win situation. You guys move volumes of guns, customer gets a gun @ a nice price and the $ stays here in town instead of going to Ga., SC and so forth.

Just food for thought. And yes the Fun show is this weekend 4/22-23 @ the J'ville Fairgrounds.

I used to belong to Gateway for several years, but due to more 'politics' than D.C... I have started shooting in Osceola.

David
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#27]
neil, can you give me a price for a RRA entry tactical with a flat top?
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My name is Neil, please say hi when you're in next time.

I realize most times you can get many of the things we sell cheaper online and sometimes at other shops in town. You're right, the price on the item is usually what the item sells for. While I dont have much control over what items sell for at the shop, I try to offer some things that might make it a little more worth people's while. Like free range time with gun purchases, free installation of accessories, trying to have everything you could want for your gun in one place at one time, etc. If that works for someone, we'll do what we can to help. If not, who can blame a guy for wanting to save? Not me...

I wish you guys would do the shows... give Shooters a run for their money. It's a win win situation. You guys move volumes of guns, customer gets a gun @ a nice price and the $ stays here in town instead of going to Ga., SC and so forth.

Just food for thought. And yes the Fun show is this weekend 4/22-23 @ the J'ville Fairgrounds.

I used to belong to Gateway for several years, but due to more 'politics' than D.C... I have started shooting in Osceola.

David

I also shoot at osceola every now and then , I met a few guys out there shooting AR15's
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
neil, can you give me a price for a RRA entry tactical with a flat top?
[email protected]

contact Spikes Tactical...
RRA in stock..

http://www.spikestactical.com

number is listed on the site..

speak to MIKE..

Located in Apopka Also..

I purchased my RRA from them... Great guys and awesome prices.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#30]
+1 but prices may tend to be higher than other places. I live about 30 min drive from FL gun exchange and roughly an hour from Apopka and out of alot of the gun stores they rank high on my list.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

There is a 3 day wait for hanguns in Volusia (unless you have concealed weapons permit have

last comment was in regards to this post.

BTW. i hear Shoot Straight has a great archery dep.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought my first Shotty at Shooters, had a 3 day wait cause of NICs... I don't think I ever got approved or denied.. it was more like. "We'll we don't know so we have to give it to him." Now that I have a permit, I'm always in and out the same day on whatever I buy.

Shooters usually has the best prices on Pistols, but they're a bunch of used car salesman always looking for a sucker. Neil has the market on AR stuff, can't beat his knowledge or deals on accessories. As for transfers, Jim's Dog House at the beach is cheapest, unless you want to drive a few miles out of town, then you'd be in transfer heaven.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top