Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 1:39:17 PM EDT
Ive decided on using a Mega lower and  upper(the flattop is their only upper)  for my first build.Im going to get a 20 inch stainless steel barrel.........I just dont know which one yet.Ive decided to use the ss because I really want accuracy from this rifle and I take good care of my guns anyway,so I think Ill be Ok without the chrome lined stuff.I have looked at several barrels.Bushmasters,J&T's,RRA,an a bunch of others.But Im really not wanting to spend the money for something like a Pac-Nor unless their really worth it.Any experience with good 20 inch ss barrels on the market?..............and maybe a field report?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive used the 20" Olympic Arms SUM barrels and have had excellent results... The price is very affordable too I believe that Brownells has them at a very reasonable price...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill take a look at it .Thanks. I seem to scare people away on this forum.hen
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that the Wilson barrels (RRA) are supposed to pretty good, too.

I don't have any experience with them, though, so take it for what it's worth.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
One of my AR's has a 20" SS Bushy......It drives tacks!  I generally tend to piss off friends when we are at the range with it.  It shoots so well, they just get all crabby and tell me to leave it in the case now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Fulton had some of the USGI FNMI rollmarked 20" 1/7 M16A2 barrels (chrome lined, the whole bit) for $199. best deal I ever got on a barrel. As good as Colt, fully proofed. You might call and ask for Rich. They don;t advertise them, sometimes they just get them in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll second the OLY SUM barrels - Good buy for the money/quality.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top