Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:08:16 AM EST
I'd like to put a BM 14.5" barrel on my M4 upper along with the M-4 Rail Adapter System. I know that it will have to be registered as a (???) forget exact lingo - but how do I go about doing it. I have the forms (PDF from here) "application to make a reg. fire arm" is this what I need to do...? Any one done this and know the in's and outs of this.

Thanks for the help
k
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:19:07 AM EST
IF: the total barrel length is 14.5", or 14.5" w/removeable threaded muzzle device, the it would need to be registered as a "SBR" on a Form-1...threaded muzzles only on Pre-Ban. If: the barrel length is 14.5" and muzzle attachment is permanently attached to bring total length beyond the 16" minimum, then it is a plain old 16" lawful barrel. Can use one of Kurts' A3 brakes or flash hider (depending on if you are doing Pre-Ban or Post-Ban)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:38:54 AM EST
Sorry, yes it's a PreBan and the total lenth will be 14.5" Is the form I have the correct one. Has an one ever filled this out. What do I need to do. Looking for advice. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:46:39 AM EST
Then you need to do a Form-1, I've done 2 through the years....I already posted what to do for another fella in the M16 forum, so I copy to here: 4a- Colt, Bushmaster, Olympic.... 4b- Short Barreled Rifle 4c- .223 4d- AR-15 4e- 14.5" 4f- XX" (A2 stock) or XX/XX (collapse stock) 4g- Serial # as issued by Colt/Bushmaster/Olympic.... 4h- nothing required, but can put other misc marks the original manufacturer made (CAR, .223, AR) I just used the A2 stock measures, easier to follow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:49:59 AM EST
Thank you.... going to work now. Have you had any hang-ups or anything like that..?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:03:02 AM EST
First one in '88 was straught forward. last one in '98 was a delay... AW crap.. be sure to attach a note stating that rifle is a pre-ban, and assembled as such, or they may send your form back to you w/ a questionaire wanting to know rifle configuration, they pulled that stunt on me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:14:57 AM EST
Will do, thanks for the heads-up
Top Top