Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 9:08:16 AM EDT
I'd like to put a BM 14.5" barrel on my M4 upper along with the M-4 Rail Adapter System.  I know that it will have to be registered as a (???) forget exact lingo - but how do I go about doing it.  I have the forms (PDF from here) "application to make a reg. fire arm"  is this what I need to do...? Any one done this and know the in's and outs of this.

Thanks for the help
k
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
IF: the total barrel length is 14.5", or 14.5" w/removeable threaded muzzle device, the it would need to be registered as a "SBR" on a Form-1...threaded muzzles only on Pre-Ban.

If: the barrel length is 14.5" and muzzle attachment is permanently attached to bring total length beyond the 16" minimum, then it is a plain old 16" lawful barrel. Can use one of Kurts' A3 brakes or flash hider (depending on if you are doing Pre-Ban or Post-Ban)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, yes it's a PreBan and the total lenth will  be 14.5"
Is the form I have the correct one.  Has an one ever filled this out.  What do I need to do.  Looking for advice.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Then you need to do a Form-1, I've done 2 through the years....I already posted what to do for another fella in the M16 forum, so I copy to here:

4a- Colt, Bushmaster, Olympic....
4b- Short Barreled Rifle
4c- .223
4d- AR-15
4e- 14.5"
4f- XX" (A2 stock) or XX/XX (collapse stock)
4g- Serial # as issued by Colt/Bushmaster/Olympic....
4h- nothing required, but can put other misc marks the original manufacturer made (CAR, .223, AR)

I just used the A2 stock measures, easier to follow.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.... going to work now.
Have you had any hang-ups or anything like that..?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
First one in '88 was straught forward. last one in '98 was a delay... AW crap.. be sure to attach a note stating that rifle is a pre-ban, and assembled as such, or they may send your form back to you w/ a questionaire wanting to know rifle configuration, they pulled that stunt on me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Will do, thanks for the heads-up
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top