Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 11:17:49 PM EDT
Hi,

Since my last AK project is finished, I got the itch for another AK project. This time I decided to opt for an RPK clone. Most obvious is to take an NHM-91 and refurbish that one with an RPK stockset, bipod and voila......

Question, are NHM-91's still being made by Norinco? Mind you, I've been seeing them a lot on sites like auction arms and such. But since I live in the Netherlands importing firearms from individual owners is asking for a lot of paperwork and problems I'd much rather leave to my local gunshops...

So, my options.....a semi auto only RPK or custom made clone or an NHM-91 which I refurbish myself....

Any ideas?

Regards

Bas
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try somewhere in Europe first, especially since you can purchase machine guns converted to semi. I am sure there are some weapons brokers in Europe that might have an original model in stock.

The other option is the Vepr 1B-

Its made in Russia by Molot. It has a folding stock. Its a .223 that only takes 10rd mags, but I am sure it could be modified to take 30rd mags. Tthe 30rd Saiga .223 mags might work, or the Polish Beryl mags.

The German importer is Waffen Schumacher-

www.waffenshumacher.com
The Vepr 1B is not shown on their site. Email them (they speak English)Price is just under 1000 Euros.

I am sure its much much easier to import from another EU country then it is to import from the US, and get the US State Dept export approval.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Arsenal USA makes semi auto RPK's too, for about $900.  Haven't shot one, but they look awful nice in the gun store.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks all,

With my wild AKU94 plans shelved, looking for a nice RPK clone is next on the wannahaves list.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the hell can't I buy a gun like Stott shows here.. Damnit I live in a free country.. Don't I??
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Well despite not having import bans, we do have all other kinds of restrictions. Basicly I can buy a modified to semi only machinegun....but you still have to find one. And if you know how much trouble a mate of mine had when he wanted a semiauto only BAR. Cops persisted semiauto only or not a BAR is a machinegun per definition. Hence I'm looking for a NHM-91 to refurbish myself, that VEPR looks mighty fine but 900 euro for a AK is pretty steep IMHO
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Kuiper

Is it possible for you to buy guns direct from Russia.. I've seen on American TV shows that the Russian factories are hurting for money do to low sales...Soo the guns should be cheaper??
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't think it's impossible, but would take tons and tons of paperwork. Import licenseing...stamps from the several consulates etc etc...And then it would have to be placed on my license. In the end I think that way would cost more money....

Would be nice though
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
NICE LOOKING GUN INDEED !

~CoLd
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Hello,

Many East-European countries joined to EU 1st of May.
I am looking for countries like Estonia and Latvia.
Paperwork is much more simple when dealers in those countriens are "in EU"

Kuiper, are you from Netherlands?

-Masi-
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I want PRK as well....hare

-Masi-
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Checked out the Schumacher site............prices are right and these are the next best thing to having an select fire AK............

My GF wants one, and me too....

Bas
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Its possible to import from Russia, but more expensive if just for one rifle. Also, the Russians wont export military items to civilians.

The price for the Vepr 1B is 795 Euro. I have one on reserve now, just getting the paperwork in order.

Not sure what the gun laws for the Baltics are. I have been to all three, but didnt really see any gunshops. I guess I was too busy getting wasted and chasing women.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Its possible to import from Russia, but more expensive if just for one rifle. Also, the Russians wont export military items to civilians.

The price for the Vepr 1B is 795 Euro. I have one on reserve now, just getting the paperwork in order.

Not sure what the gun laws for the Baltics are. I have been to all three, but didnt really see any gunshops. I guess I was too busy getting wasted and chasing women.

What about magazines?
Specifically, how much do Russian drums, and the quad-stack 60 rounders go for in the EU?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#16]
A typical ChiCom 30 round mag goes for 8 to 10 euro's per piece new in wrapping
Drums, Romanian 75rnd...depending on state of usage between 30 to 50 euro's

Bulgarian waffle's hard to get, you get three of them with a new Bulgie AK

Comblock steel mags go anywhere between 8-15 euro's...(most are Eastern German or Hungarians)
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#17]
The Russians will not export military hi caps to civilians either. They are illegal for civilian possession in Russia, so you cant buy them that way either.

They do sell hi cap .223 and 7.62x39 Saiga mags though. They are basically a 30rd mag with a removable 10rd block. They do not interchange with the standard mags.

Common Mags are roughly the same price as they are in the US. The waffles are more, and the Russian Ak74 mags are much cheaper. They can be found used in Germany for like $5 each, with the 45rd mags bringing about 20 Euros.

The 75rd RPK drums can be found for around $50-90 depending on condition. Allot are still NIW.

The 5.45 experimental drums/quad stacks can not be found at all. I have looked far and wide in Switzerland, Russia, Germany, and Finland.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top