Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 10:57:10 AM EDT
I want to have a Bulgarian 5.45 AK parts kit built with an underfolder stock. Can anybody tell me where to find a 5.45 underfolder receiver?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to have a Bulgarian 5.45 AK parts kit built with an underfolder stock. Can anybody tell me where to find a 5.45 underfolder receiver?

they simply dont exist...

have to modify a fixed stock one.

sorry
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

they simply dont exist...

have to modify a fixed stock one.

sorry hinking.gif

Darn... I don't have the tools or the know-how to modify one; I guess I just get the fixed stock version.

Thanks Dieter122

Has anyone seen the Lancaster Consulting Tantal Underfolders?

Tantal
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
There's always this, but I don't care for the looks.
www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

Poly stock block allows installation of Under folder stock on standard stamped AK receivers.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Any builder can build you one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
Any builder can build you one.

Really? I thought I had to provide the receiver.

I was going to get it built by Red Jacket Firearms. Which builder would you suggest?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Asking which builder we like is about the same as asking what beer we like.   There are a lot of good builders and just as many opinions about what builder to use.

Redjacket has a good reputation, so if you were going to use them, probably nobody here would steer you away from them.  

A good gunsmith should be able to convert your fixed stock receiver into an underfolder.  It takes a lot of labor and extra parts, so that ofcourse translates to more $$$$$$$$$$$.  If you want it, and can afford the bill, they can build it.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm new to the world of AK building so please bare with me.

Can a stamped 5.45 kit be built on a milled receiver?

I just found this...

Milled receivers
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
IMO... If you want a folding stock on a 5.45x39 rifle... I'd do my best to get obtain an AK74 with a Russian triangle stock.

There is a reason the former WP nations and Russia stopped using the UF as an option for folding stocks.  They dont fit most shooters well (bas cheek weld) and they ARE more fragile (roll over the butt stock while extended and it will come up looking like a pretzel).  The only thing they provide positively, IMO, is an "ultimate" coolio factor and they are quite compact when folded.

IMO... stick with the more robust and far more confortable Russian triangle folding stock.  If I ever get another 5.45x39 rifle... that is exactly what I'll be getting.    
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm with JRBL1A1.  I have had a 47 underfolder and still own a 74 triangle sidefolder and the triangle sidefolder is 100 times more comfortable than the underfolder.  If you've never shot an AK with an underfolder then I would test one out first before you spend alot of money having one built.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
A friedn of mine built a -74 underfolder.  It looks odd yet cool at the same time.  LOL, you might need to cut down at least the mag you keep in it so the stock can clear the mag when folding/unfolding, especially if being used as a 'truck gun' as I believe the 30 rd 5.45 mag is a touch too long for the stock to clear.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 4:30:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top