Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 6:29:17 AM EDT
Well, I finally ordered an SAR-1 AND SAR-2 from AIM just now. I told them that some people were telling me to buy a SAM 7S to avoid the headaches but the thought of getting two rifles for the same price was just too much to resist...

Steve, AIM customer service, sounded like a real nice fellow. He said he'll send me some nice guns. Being the cautious optimist that I am, I told him that if I received junk I was going to send my kids to church and pray that he get run over by a beer truck driven by Osama and his mama...

If you don't hear from me regarding the guns you'll know what happened when you read these headlines "OSAMA and his MAMA captured while attempting to flee scene of freak beer truck accident!!"

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Good man!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you will happy with the latest batch of SARs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Well Done!Welcome to the Dark Side.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good man!

Thanks!! Now let's see here...

SAR-1 and SAR-2 Rifles? .........Check
Kobra Red Dot Sight? ............Check
Waffle Mags?.....................Check
75rd Drum?.......................Check
Ammo?............................EGADS!!!!

Best ammo type and place? Barnaul at AmmoMan????? Any suggestions???
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp
Another fave of mine, with prices posted for shipping in the E US.
Might as well visit ammunitionstore.com to get jealous of what is halfway between my house and the range :)

Feel free to try some 125g SP Barnaul or 154g SP Wolf in 7.62. May as well enjoy the 30cal splat factor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you don't hear from me regarding the guns you'll know what happened when you read these headlines "OSAMA and his MAMA captured while attempting to flee scene of freak beer truck accident!!"

I think the dansammo 85-bucks for 750 rounds 5.45 deal is good.  Fast shipping too, especially considering it's free.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Montag,  You done real good!  Why get on rifle when you can get two.  I am sure you will own a SAM-7 in the very near future anyway.

Welcome to the Darkside.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Montag,  You done real good!  Why get on rifle when you can get two.  I am sure you will own a SAM-7 in the very near future anyway.

Welcome to the Darkside.  hr

Uh oh, is this an addition type thing? Will I be mortgaging my house when the next sweet thing with a shiny receiver comes along?

Maybe I should quit before it's too late!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I am happy to say that it is already too late.  

I hope you have a great interest rate on your mortgage loan.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Montag,glad you made a decision. I think you did the right thing choosing not only two rifles but two calibers.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I just purchased one of "the new batch" made in '03 and find many improvements on the previous ones...first and formost...a single hook disconnecter, which eliminates trigger slap, the rifle shoots great and is very accurate for an AK...however the rough finish and the slightly canted front sight are still there (nice wood though) :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#14]

originally posted by Montag;
[Uh oh, is this an addition type thing? Will I be mortgaging my house when the next sweet thing with a shiny receiver comes along? Maybe I should quit before its too late!!]
                It was too late before you ordered the rifles,the seed had already been planted in your head.You may try to resist a little at first but you'll usually find a way to get that next case of ammo or that neat Russian scope or mag pouches or magazines or parts kit or tan Russian sling or next AK or ...............,it never ends.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It was too late before you ordered the rifles,the seed had already been planted in your head.You may try to resist a little at first but you'll usually find a way to get that next case of ammo or that neat Russian scope or mag pouches or magazines or parts kit or tan Russian sling or next AK or ...............,it never ends.

You guys are pushers! That's what you are! Pushers! Now all I can think about is my next fix!   [>(]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I catch myself planning my next AK project before the current one is finished.Like I said,it never ends!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top