Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:35:52 PM EDT
Well, to start off, I don't own an AK per se. I own a Saiga 7.62x39 which will be converted pretty soon. I also have had a Romy G kit for several months that I have not gotten around to putting together.

I was at the local shop today and asked them to price a Tantal for me. They quoted me $720 for a Century Tantal () which I was not going to pay. Anyway, they also had a really nice Norinco MAK-90 Sporter on the rack. It was a stamped receiver and all appeared original and in good shape. The tag was marked at $679.99 (that includes tax) but I might be able to get them to knock off a few bucks. So is it worth it? I know the conventional wisdom (in this climate... look on Gunbroker....) but really don't know what to think. I liked the way the rifle felt but I'm just not sure. Thoughts? I know you guys all love your Norincos!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:42:40 PM EDT
i have shot my friends yugo underfolder i was all excited and really wanted one, but when i shot my firends norinco it was all over now i have 2. for me one of the best ak variants out there especially the trigger feel. if you could knock of some $$$$$ i would piick it up, i know i would
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:05:06 PM EDT
one of the better aks
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:57:21 PM EDT
I didn't ask much about it, but if the gun's on consignment I won't get them to come down any. I do have a pistol I've been thinking about getting rid of, so maybe I'll go put the Norinco on layaway and trade the pistol on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:35:04 PM EDT
I would buy it for the asking price in a milisecond if I came across it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:56:47 PM EDT
I've had a SAR-1 Romanian for about five years now. Butt ugly but runs like a sewing machine.
I recently acquired a MAK-90. There is no comparison between the two guns. The fit and finish of the MAK 90 is
far and away nicer than my SAR-1.

Granted, these are my only AKs but the Norinco is a much higher quality gun, no question.

I've only seen two or three at recent gun shows and not one of them was less than $700.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:05:57 PM EDT
Well, I think you guys have convinced me. I think I'll be making a trip out tomorrow to put it on layaway. Thank goodness for that!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:29:42 PM EDT
Get it... they aren't gonna get any cheaper!

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:12:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Alaskacajun:
Get it... they aren't gonna get any cheaper!

- Clint

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:48:22 PM EDT
All right, all right! You guys have convinced me! Plus the 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 I got today....
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top