Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:35:52 PM EDT
Well, to start off, I don't own an AK per se. I own a Saiga 7.62x39 which will be converted pretty soon. I also have had a Romy G kit for several months that I have not gotten around to putting together.

I was at the local shop today and asked them to price a Tantal for me. They quoted me $720 for a Century Tantal () which I was not going to pay. Anyway, they also had a really nice Norinco MAK-90 Sporter on the rack. It was a stamped receiver and all appeared original and in good shape. The tag was marked at $679.99 (that includes tax) but I might be able to get them to knock off a few bucks. So is it worth it? I know the conventional wisdom (in this climate... look on Gunbroker....) but really don't know what to think. I liked the way the rifle felt but I'm just not sure. Thoughts? I know you guys all love your Norincos!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i have shot my friends yugo underfolder i was all excited and really wanted one, but when i shot my firends norinco it was all over now i have 2.   for me one of the best ak variants out there especially the trigger feel.  if you could knock of some $$$$$ i would piick it up, i know i would
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
one of the better aks
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't ask much about it, but if the gun's on consignment I won't get them to come down any. I do have a pistol I've been thinking about getting rid of, so maybe I'll go put the Norinco on layaway and trade the pistol on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy it for the asking price in a milisecond if I came across it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a SAR-1 Romanian for about five years now. Butt ugly but runs like a sewing machine.
I recently acquired a MAK-90. There is no comparison between the two guns. The fit and finish of the MAK 90 is
far and away nicer than my SAR-1.

Granted, these are my only AKs but the Norinco is a much higher quality gun, no question.

I've only seen two or three at recent gun shows and not one of them was less than $700.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I think you guys have convinced me. I think I'll be making a trip out tomorrow to put it on layaway. Thank goodness for that!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Get it... they aren't gonna get any cheaper!

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get it... they aren't gonna get any cheaper!

- Clint

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
All right, all right! You guys have convinced me! Plus the 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 I got today....
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top