Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:11:37 AM EDT
Is it possible to adapt one of the poular Romanian side folders over to a MAK 90? I believe the two stock tang screws are in a different location, am I correct? Making this transfer almost impossible.

What about the East German side-folders that utilize the grip screw for a attachment point also. Will these work on a MAK? Thanks, Jeff
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:07:31 AM EDT
goneglockin,

It's possible, I've put a Romy folder on my stamped MAK-90, see the MAK pic thread above for a pic. The trouble is, the screw holes are a little off. The sides of the folder mechanism need filed a little, also, since the Romy folder is for Euro 1.0mm receivers and the MAK has a 1.6mm receiver. Took me all of about 15 minutes with a file to get a good, snug fit to the receiver. If you decide to enlarge the tang screw hole a little, both screws will fit. I didn't do this, not wanting to mod the rifle till I saw if it liked it or not, and only put the rear screw in and loctited it. This leaves a small, about 1/32", gap between the folder mechanism and the rear of the receiver, also. So far, I've had absolutely no trouble with the single screw coming loose, if I do and decide to keep the folder on it I will enlarge the rear hole and put both screws in.

Overall, I like the stock. It locks up tight and gives you at least some semblance of a cheekweld. Looks badass, too. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Bub
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:26:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 8:29:38 AM EDT by -x-]
Yes, it works. I have this exact setup and I love it! It is a very easy conversion. Follow the instructions on this link:

www.frankbachman.com/MAK90/mak-90_folding_stock.htm
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:41:37 AM EDT
Oh Yeah. I put one on my Mah 90. I dodn't know if it's Romanian for sure but it looks just like the one used there www.frankbachman.com/MAK90/mak-90_folding_stock.htm
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:39:22 PM EDT
I think the E. German would line up better due to the lower attachment point at the pistol grip nut.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top