Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:11:37 AM EDT
Is it possible to adapt one of the poular Romanian side folders over to a MAK 90? I believe the two stock tang screws are in a different location, am I correct? Making this transfer almost impossible.

What about the East German side-folders that utilize the grip screw for a attachment point also. Will these work on a MAK? Thanks, Jeff
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
goneglockin,

It's possible, I've put a Romy folder on my stamped MAK-90, see the MAK pic thread above for a pic. The trouble is, the screw holes are a little off. The sides of the folder mechanism need filed a little, also, since the Romy folder is for Euro 1.0mm receivers and the MAK has a 1.6mm receiver. Took me all of about 15 minutes with a file to get a good, snug fit to the receiver. If you decide to enlarge the tang screw hole a little, both screws will fit. I didn't do this, not wanting to mod the rifle till I saw if it liked it or not, and only put the rear screw in and loctited it. This leaves a small, about 1/32", gap between the folder mechanism and the rear of the receiver, also. So far, I've had absolutely no trouble with the single screw coming loose, if I do and decide to keep the folder on it I will enlarge the rear hole and put both screws in.

Overall, I like the stock. It locks up tight and gives you at least some semblance of a cheekweld. Looks badass, too. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Bub
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it works. I have this exact setup and I love it! It is a very easy conversion. Follow the instructions on this link:

www.frankbachman.com/MAK90/mak-90_folding_stock.htm
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh Yeah. I put one on my  Mah 90.  I dodn't know if it's Romanian for sure but it looks just like the one used there  www.frankbachman.com/MAK90/mak-90_folding_stock.htm
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the E. German would line up better due to the lower attachment point at the pistol grip nut.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top