Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2007 6:00:47 AM EDT
I want to see how they look the good and bad magazines before I order some.

I am more interested the bad ones just to see how bad they really are?I would also like to "average" ones...

How do you test if you got a bad AK magazine?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 6:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would also. Looks like a great deal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]

seriously, it's packed full with grease.  Took me a while to clean off all the gunk.  On the positive side, out of 12 I have received:

4 Yugo BHOs
1 Russian
3 Chinese
4 Euro

It's worth it, if you have the time to clean off the grease
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
they look like used mags.  Some are worn and some are like new.  You might get something rare in your order, or you may get all generic Euro mags.  Just luck of the draw.  If you get a non-working mag, SG will replace it.

eta: Look in this thread for pics
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered 24.  Two were dented, but one is in the side and easily fixable, one in the spine.  SG is replacing the one with the spine dent.  

One was VERY rusty, and another had a rust spot on the spine.  

I'd say 7-8 of the remaining mags are in near perfect condition, 3-4 are below average, and the others are average to above average condition.  

I really want to order another dozen but I have no use for that many mags.  It's actually fun & interesting to get them, clean them off, and see what you've got.  

Testing to see if they are bad is easy.  When you're cleaning them, if you can't get the follower to move freely in the mag, you're magazine is dented.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I got in a pack yesterday, cleaned some of there, got to clean the dirty ones today.

One had a 1/8th inch or thicker cosmo coat on it.

If it doesnt come apart and go back together I call it bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I got some the other week, but no pictures.

The ones I got were in decent/good shape, one of them was really dirty and full of cosmoline. Most were NOT full of cosmo. They look about like any set of mags you'd see at the gun show - not rusted or pitted or anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got six from SG. Any recommendations on how to clean the Cosmoline off of them?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#9]
A heat gun will speed things up.  You can also use the dishwasher.  Just don't blame me when your plates slide out of the cabinet by themselves.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A heat gun will speed things up.  You can also use the dishwasher.  Just don't blame me when your plates slide out of the cabinet by themselves.

Heat gun. Check

Using the dishwasher. I like the taste of my food without petroleum distlllates.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top