Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 7:37:03 PM EST
Any way possible to buy or build a semi PKM? these things are niiiiice lookin.of course even if you could i bet it wouldnt be for any less than 3k. I have never seen any parts for sale for them and was just wondering/hoping.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:51:34 PM EST
now thats a winning idea if I've ever heard one
me likes the PKM, I got to play with a real one in Iraq, and it struck me as a pretty darn good MG.

I'd love to have a semi closed bolt version.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:59:31 PM EST
Since Vector is selling the old RPD at 2000 is why im sayin no less than 3k considering the PK is a later and improved design. And i think i remember an individual saying that Ohio Rapid Fire or someone was building one for them unless i dreamed that which is probably the case but i hope not. i would GLADLY shell out 3 thousand for a semi PK. alot better than the M60(even though its a very well recognized and beautiful gun) Anyway, im looking for any kind of feedback on this subject.
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:33:27 PM EST
I think post-sample PK's are in the $3-4k range; I doubt you could find a kit for less than that. Add in the R&D costs to make a receiver, get it approved by BATF, and actually build the thing, I think you're looking at a $5k-6k gun...maybe more. It would be cool, but unfortunately I don't think it'll ever happen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:10:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:45 AM EST
You guys aren't the only ones.... I have been hoping for this for a long time....
closer to it everyday... check out this thread BTW, related info...

www.m2hb.net/dshk/viewtopic.php?t=202

-C
Top Top