Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/4/2004 4:26:10 PM EST
Just got my WASR 10 in a couple of weeks ago............already have ordered a laminate stock set, a better pistol grip, put the IOR scope mount on and stuck a holo sight on it..........woo hoo what fun! This is more fun than modding my AR was! Does it ever end? I already feel like the WASR needs a twin or another AK friend.........a helluva lot of fun for so cheap! I'm turning into Beavish, [Any of y'all addicted to these AKs??]

Jeff (an AK newbie)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:30:26 PM EST
I just bought a WASR-10 low cap model a few weeks ago...so what did I do?? Modified it to high cap of course! I also added 5 more US Spec parts to keep it legal, what a pain that was. Next on the list is a new set of wood (looking for a orangey, blonde wood set) and a scope/mount. Any pics??
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:42:27 PM EST
I'll get some pics once I put the stock on etc. Mine was a low cap too, was being the key word........but for $210 to my door, I couldn't turn it down. I have the required U.S. parts also, and it was easy enough to dremel out the mag well & rails with a tungsten carbide bit....took about an hour, but works beautifully. I think I will end up buying more AK type guns now that I have this one; it is my second favorite out of all my military rifles with the exception of the M1A.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:03:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By guess1:[Any of y'all addicted to these AKs??]
Jeff,
I've been addicted to AKs since my first one back in 1985.Ahhhhhhhh,my first,a folding stock Clayco!
Try to get a handle on your addiction or you'll be as pathetic as the rest of us,my little bunker could almost pass for a Mosque!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:09:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:56:14 AM EST
Top Top