Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:40:21 AM EST
Its a Vector, so it came with the A2 birdcage style flash hider. I would love to replace it with something a bit more authentic....anyone have an ideas what I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:05:50 AM EST
Check KVAR for the Bulgarian RPK-74 flash hiders.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:19:08 AM EST
US made can be found here. Vector installed that A2 style to acheive 922r compliance, if you are not concerned with complying to, or have another way to add a US made part, then the KVAR item will work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:55:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By PhreakMode:
US made can be found here. Vector installed that A2 style to acheive 922r compliance, if you are not concerned with complying to, or have another way to add a US made part, then the KVAR item will work.

I ordered that flash hider from them and got a different design. I didn't bother to send it back.

I also got a Tabuk FH from Nodak:http://www.nodakspud.com/index.htm

Much better made and heavier steel. BSW

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:58 AM EST
I have been thinking about changing my birdcage flashhider on my Vector RPK-74 but it has also got me wondering what are the US compliance parts. I bought mine secondhand so I have no idea, does anyone know what the compliance parts are?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:40:51 PM EST
Since the US birdcage is one of the 6 compliant parts, changing it to an import may put you in violation of 922. But TAPCO makes a copy of the Chinese typoe 84/RPK74 in both a flash hider and a PSL style brake for around $15.

I made a number of SVD-S style flash hiders by turning the AR-type birdcages to a different profile. Have a couple left at $35.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:43:23 PM EST
CNCwarrior.com has a bucnh of flash hiders taht would work.

Honestly, a simple muzzle nut is really the appropriate thing for it as far as I have know and have seen.

Top Top