Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:40:21 AM EDT
Its a Vector, so it came with the A2 birdcage style flash hider.  I would love to replace it with something a bit more authentic....anyone have an ideas what I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Check KVAR for the Bulgarian RPK-74 flash hiders.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
US made can be found here. Vector installed that A2 style to acheive 922r compliance, if you are not concerned with complying to, or have another way to add a US made part, then the KVAR item will work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
US made can be found here. Vector installed that A2 style to acheive 922r compliance, if you are not concerned with complying to, or have another way to add a US made part, then the KVAR item will work.

I ordered that flash hider from them and got a different design. I didn't bother to send it back.

I also got a Tabuk FH from Nodak:http://www.nodakspud.com/index.htm

Much better made and heavier steel. BSW

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been thinking about changing my birdcage flashhider on my Vector RPK-74 but it has also got me wondering what are the US compliance parts. I bought mine secondhand so I have no idea, does anyone know what the compliance parts are?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Since the US birdcage is one of the 6 compliant parts, changing it to an import may put you in violation of 922.  But TAPCO makes a copy of the Chinese typoe 84/RPK74 in both a flash hider and a PSL style brake for around $15.

I made a number of SVD-S style flash hiders by turning the AR-type birdcages to a different profile.  Have a couple left at $35.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
CNCwarrior.com has a bucnh of flash hiders taht would work.

Honestly, a simple muzzle nut is really the appropriate thing for it as far as I have know and have seen.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top