Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:49:49 PM EST
I was just wondering what the legal issues are surrounding the Krinkov as a pistol now that the ban is dead. Are there any restrictions? How do you make it a pistol legally? Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:59:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 8:03:33 PM EST by Skammy]
'you can build a krink on a virgin receiver and sign the 4473 as a handgun...and no problems with weight or detachable magazines any more." - Campybob

You can't have any kind of forward grip or it becomes a AOW and no stock of course..

So it could be exactly like a krink minus the stock..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:00:56 PM EST
How can you have it registered as a pistol from the factory? Could you make your own from a bent blank?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:03:45 PM EST
fixed it sorry
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:14:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 8:16:22 PM EST by Dave_A]
The registered pistol stuff is BS

All you need is a new rec that has never been a rifle before...

So a NIW rec or an 80%er would work just fine...

The 'pistol registered' thing was just a scam started by some AR rec makers (eg Hesse) to charge extra for 'psitol' registration...

All the GCA requires is that it has never been 'made or remade' into a rifle, and that it be made in a manner that it is intended to be fired one handed with a grip at an angle to the reciever.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:29:15 PM EST
OK. Anyone, else have any thoughts on this. Sounds good to me. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:06:25 PM EST
Im not quite sure I understand everything here in this thread, but I do have some sudden curiosity for the subject. Id like to hear a scenario please of how or what would be done and what the end result would be. A Krinkov? A legitimate Krinkov build? (minus the class III status?) Yes, Im confused. Ive been staring at Hurricane radars all evening.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:38:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By moneyshot:
Im not quite sure I understand everything here in this thread, but I do have some sudden curiosity for the subject. Id like to hear a scenario please of how or what would be done and what the end result would be. A Krinkov? A legitimate Krinkov build? (minus the class III status?) Yes, Im confused. Ive been staring at Hurricane radars all evening.

1) Buy parts kit

2) Have it assembled on a new semi reciever, with a new semi trigger group, and 2 more US parts (pistol grip and gas piston, for instance).

If it is to be a pistol, instruct the smith NOT to attach a stock EVER.

If it is to be a rifle, you will have to add enough barrel, flash hider, or fake can to make 16" And it will have to be perminantly attached.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:19:30 AM EST
Ok, thanks for that clarification. I dont know if I'd like the Krink without a stock on it, and I sure hate the idea of a fake can, so I guess I'll just have to pass on this idea. I held my first Krink a couple of months back and I would actually entertain the idea of buying one, but I cant really collect up the money right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:40:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By moneyshot:
Ok, thanks for that clarification. I dont know if I'd like the Krink without a stock on it, and I sure hate the idea of a fake can, so I guess I'll just have to pass on this idea. I held my first Krink a couple of months back and I would actually entertain the idea of buying one, but I cant really collect up the money right now.

Just go NFA on it and SBR it; for $200 more you'll have the gun you want.

Jerad
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:32:20 AM EST
Don't you have to get signatures of chief leo? Like I can get that...
Top Top