Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:49:49 PM EDT
I was just wondering what the legal issues are surrounding the Krinkov as a pistol now that the ban is dead.  Are there any restrictions?  How do you make it a pistol legally?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
'you can build a krink on a virgin receiver and sign the 4473 as a handgun...and no problems with weight or detachable magazines any more." - Campybob

You can't have any kind of forward grip or it becomes a AOW and no stock of course..

So it could be exactly like a krink minus the stock..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
How can you have it registered as a pistol from the factory?  Could you make your own from a bent  blank?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
fixed it sorry
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The registered pistol stuff is BS

All you need is a new rec that has never been a rifle before...

So a NIW rec or an 80%er would work just fine...

The 'pistol registered' thing was just a scam started by some AR rec makers (eg Hesse) to charge extra for 'psitol' registration...

All the GCA requires is that it has never been 'made or remade' into a rifle, and that it be made in a manner that it is intended to be fired one handed with a grip at an angle to the reciever.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.  Anyone, else have any thoughts on this.  Sounds good to me.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Im not quite sure I understand everything here in this thread, but I do have some sudden curiosity for the subject. Id like to hear a scenario please of how or what would be done and what the end result would be. A Krinkov? A legitimate Krinkov build? (minus the class III status?) Yes, Im confused. Ive been staring at Hurricane radars all evening.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Im not quite sure I understand everything here in this thread, but I do have some sudden curiosity for the subject. Id like to hear a scenario please of how or what would be done and what the end result would be. A Krinkov? A legitimate Krinkov build? (minus the class III status?) Yes, Im confused. Ive been staring at Hurricane radars all evening.

1) Buy parts kit

2) Have it assembled on a new semi reciever, with a new semi trigger group, and 2 more US parts (pistol grip and gas piston, for instance).

If it is to be a pistol, instruct the smith NOT to attach a stock EVER.

If it is to be a rifle, you will have to add enough barrel, flash hider, or fake can to make 16" And it will have to be perminantly attached.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, thanks for that clarification. I dont know if I'd like the Krink without a stock on it, and I sure hate the idea of a fake can, so I guess I'll just have to pass on this idea. I held my first Krink a couple of months back and I would actually entertain the idea of buying one, but I cant really collect up the money right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ok, thanks for that clarification. I dont know if I'd like the Krink without a stock on it, and I sure hate the idea of a fake can, so I guess I'll just have to pass on this idea. I held my first Krink a couple of months back and I would actually entertain the idea of buying one, but I cant really collect up the money right now.

Just go NFA on it and SBR it; for $200 more you'll have the gun you want.

Jerad
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't you have to get signatures of chief leo?  Like I can get that...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top