Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Russian
Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:39:10 PM EST
Just got my Russian PBS rear site! This thing is sweet!

now, to find info on how to use this thing!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:35:57 AM EST
Never seen one of those before. I am confused on how it works.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:35:20 PM EST
Where did you find that, if ya don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:39:36 PM EST
Oh yea, you need to clean the sink!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:26:14 AM EST
I just found them on Tantal's web site. These things look sweeeet! I havent been sucessfull geting a price list from them yet. I have a 107 CR as well and it would be a great addition. K-Var has a simular rear site with a windage adjustment but I have never seen it in stock. Thank you for posting those piks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:52:59 AM EST
yea the sink....my daughter spilled her nail polish all over it and it's a crappy apt sink, so it's not coming up.

Actually TW4 and I were chatting about unique pieces and he asked me if I had ever heard of this. I said no and was intrigued. Found one on gunbroker, but the auction was closed already. He has a friend who knows a friend....something like that. Anyway, I got a name and an email. I was a bit nervous sending the $ for this with out knowing anything about the guy, but the gamble worked out. It's a bit like the search for the S12 PG. took me over a year and a lot of $ to get one.

I still know almost squat about it. I do know they were made for the Russian Special Forces to use with the PBS silencer. Apparently, each of the #'s are for different bullet weights. I was hoping to find out what each # equals what bullet weight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:35:12 AM EST
Man I gotta have one! I've deen lusting over the K-Var Russian with the windage adj. but they never have it. I really like the way the PBS sight looks on your Bulgy. If Tantal's will ever get me a price list I'll have one sittin on my 107 CR!!!

Oh and I guess you got some info on that PBS sight from Tantal's web site.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:27:27 PM EST
Now get the PBS-1 to really accent the look. Gives it a world of difference in appearance.
(and get rid of that red, rubber bolt carrier handle protector thing! Ruins the look! )
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:38:43 PM EST
it's my "safe queen" for now. I actually found it under my bed about a week ago when I was cleaning and popped it back on there. And yes, what I know I got from TW4 and Tantals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:08:15 PM EST
Congrats podner!

I have no idea what I'd do with one but they are cool

Z
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:22:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 2:32:54 PM EST by Citadel-SC]
Originally Posted By nictra:
yea the sink....my daughter spilled her nail polish all over it and it's a crappy apt sink, so it's not coming up.

Actually TW4 and I were chatting about unique pieces and he asked me if I had ever heard of this. I said no and was intrigued. Found one on gunbroker, but the auction was closed already. He has a friend who knows a friend....something like that. Anyway, I got a name and an email. I was a bit nervous sending the $ for this with out knowing anything about the guy, but the gamble worked out. It's a bit like the search for the S12 PG. took me over a year and a lot of $ to get one.

I still know almost squat about it. I do know they were made for the Russian Special Forces to use with the PBS silencer. Apparently, each of the #'s are for different bullet weights. I was hoping to find out what each # equals what bullet weight.

Yes, I see now. Each number has a diff height cam for sliding up the leaf. Pretty nice find! Would it be heavier the round higher the number since the cam is larger forcing more elevation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:53:36 PM EST
that's what I'm trying to figure out! There has to be a manual around somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:02:33 PM EST
That's a sweet sight! Need to find one myself.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:30:37 PM EST
IPTP!
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top