Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:39:10 PM EDT
Just got my Russian PBS rear site! This thing is sweet!

now, to find info on how to use this thing!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one of those before. I am confused on how it works.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you find that, if ya don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yea, you need to clean the sink!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I just found them on Tantal's web site. These things look sweeeet! I havent been sucessfull geting a price list from them yet.  I have a 107 CR as well and it would be a great addition. K-Var has a simular rear site with a windage adjustment but I have never seen it in stock. Thank you for posting those piks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
yea the sink....my daughter spilled her nail polish all over it and it's a crappy apt sink, so it's not coming up.

Actually TW4 and I were chatting about unique pieces and he asked me if I had ever heard of this. I said no and was intrigued. Found one on gunbroker, but the auction was closed already. He has a friend who knows a friend....something like that. Anyway, I got a name and an email. I was a bit nervous sending the $ for this with out knowing anything about the guy, but the gamble worked out. It's a bit like the search for the S12 PG. took me over a year and a lot of $ to get one.

I still know almost squat about it. I do know they were made for the Russian Special Forces to use with the PBS silencer. Apparently, each of the #'s are for different bullet weights. I was hoping to find out what each # equals what bullet weight.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Man I gotta have one! I've deen lusting over the K-Var Russian with the windage adj. but they never have it. I really like the way the PBS sight looks on your Bulgy. If Tantal's will ever get me a price list I'll have one sittin on my 107 CR!!!

Oh and I guess you got some info on that PBS sight from Tantal's web site.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Now get the PBS-1 to really accent the look.  Gives it a world of difference in appearance.
(and get rid of that red, rubber bolt carrier handle protector thing!  Ruins the look!    )
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]

it's my "safe queen" for now. I actually found it under my bed about a week ago when I was cleaning and popped it back on there. And yes, what I know I got from TW4 and Tantals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats podner!

I have no idea what I'd do with one but they are cool

Z
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
yea the sink....my daughter spilled her nail polish all over it and it's a crappy apt sink, so it's not coming up.

Actually TW4 and I were chatting about unique pieces and he asked me if I had ever heard of this. I said no and was intrigued. Found one on gunbroker, but the auction was closed already. He has a friend who knows a friend....something like that. Anyway, I got a name and an email. I was a bit nervous sending the $ for this with out knowing anything about the guy, but the gamble worked out. It's a bit like the search for the S12 PG. took me over a year and a lot of $ to get one.

I still know almost squat about it. I do know they were made for the Russian Special Forces to use with the PBS silencer. Apparently, each of the #'s are for different bullet weights. I was hoping to find out what each # equals what bullet weight.  

Yes, I see now. Each number has a diff height cam for sliding up the leaf. Pretty nice find!  Would it be heavier the round higher the number since the cam is larger forcing more elevation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
that's what I'm trying to figure out! There has to be a manual around somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a sweet sight!  Need to find one myself.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]
IPTP!
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top