Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:26:22 AM EDT
I bought a GPWASR-10 from aimsurplus.com. I had to pull the muzzle brake off in order to fix the canted sight post, but while getting it off I fairly heavily damaged the brake. I am trying to find a new brake, but after buying one from K-Var which seems to have threads that are too large I am confused. The threads on the one from kvar are 14mm by 1 LH. Does anyone have any idea what threads are actually on my AK and where I can get a brake for them?

-C4-
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:29:11 AM EDT
Well,
I have a feeling you have got what happened to me.
Take a good look at the threads. The standard is 14mm x 1 LH.
When this happened to me, I discovered the threads on mine were in fact 1/2-20 RH.
I have yet been unable to find one in that thread.
I ended up taking an old AR brake and getting re-threaded to fit it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:30:12 AM EDT
Where did you get it rethreaded?

-C4-
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:33:45 AM EDT
I had a friend in a local Machine shop do it for me.
I got harped at for putting the AR flashider on there but it suits my purpose.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:35:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:37:21 AM EDT
Well, I am trying to get a muzzle brake that will fit the threads, I just can't seem to find one. I want to just stick the slant back on, but I need one that isn't destroyed. Ideas where I can find one of the 1/2" by 20 RHs?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:38:18 AM EDT
Well,
The one I got had really great threads on it, just the wrong thread and direction.
I contacted CAI to see if they would sell me a new slant brake for it and they wouldn't.
I talked to Jimmy (I think was his name) a Global and he said he might be able to make one for me.
I've emailed him a couple times but haven't gotten a response back yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:49:46 AM EDT
Global? What is the full company name? I have tried contacting Century Arms Int a bunch of times but have basically gone in circles. It seems to me that if they want to put really odd threads on the thing they should at least sell a muzzle brake that fits on them. Especially considering I had to remove it due to a HEAVILY CANTED FSB.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:20:48 AM EDT
The AR flash suppresor looks awesome man!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:23:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AKSpray:
The AR flash suppresor looks awesome man!

Thank you.
I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By -C4-:
Global? What is the full company name? I have tried contacting Century Arms Int a bunch of times but have basically gone in circles. It seems to me that if they want to put really odd threads on the thing they should at least sell a muzzle brake that fits on them. Especially considering I had to remove it due to a HEAVILY CANTED FSB.

Let me check my email when I get home and I'll see if I can find it and send it to you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:05:25 PM EDT
Here's a link to the website
Global Trades
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:47:27 PM EDT
Alright thanks for the info. I am going to look around and see if I can find anyone to make or sell me a brake that will actually fit on here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:10:20 PM EDT
My brother recently picked up a GP WASR-10 at a gunshow and it is threaded 14mm x 1 LH . Need to double check if the bullet has been hitting the 74 brake at all.
Top Top