Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:29:22 AM EDT
There is a seen where an actor is holding a Golden AK and asking Cage if he can get the gun of Rambo? Cage responds which one? 1, 2 or 3?

Look at the mag in the gun, Please tell me they did not spray paint a Russain slabside gold!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
COM-BLOCK BLING BLING!  

I've seen a few different trailers for this movie - looks like it might be fun...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to see that movie... Looks fun. Plus, the guy supplies weapons to every army exept the salvation army!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the quote "There are enough guns for 1 in 12 people in the world.....The Question is how do we arm those other 11 people......"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I want to see it... I saw Sahara last Sunday it had alot of AK's in it......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Nippless Cage
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like the quote "There are enough guns for 1 in 12 people in the world.....The Question is how do we arm those other 11 people......"

It must be my fault, I have far far more firearms than just 1, I feel bad for making soemone else do without
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw the preview which showed a nice milled receiver AK (type III I believe) and a cool slow motion shot of an AK being fired.

That said, knowing Hollywood, I have a bad feeling this film may become the biggest anti-gun sentiment yet...I hope I'm wrong though.

Here's a quote from it that I thought was funny: "we're from the bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" "Lemme guess, you're not here for Alcohol or Tobacco"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It must be my fault, I have far far more firearms than just 1, I feel bad for making soemone else do without

I saw the full trailer in the theater last weekend.  The whole quote doesn't make any sense.  Something like "there are 5 billion guns in circulation in the world today...enough for 1 of every 12 people in the world...."

Just how many people does he think there are in the world anyway??

ETA:  I don't recall the exact #'s they used, but I do remember that it just didn't add up...not even close.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a feeling that this will be a big anti-gun leftist piece of shit which sets out to mock the entire idea of the Second Amendment.

We'll see if "im correct...

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here's a quote from it that I thought was funny: "we're from the bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" "Lemme guess, you're not here for Alcohol or Tobacco"hr

I love that line, especially the way it's delivered.  Also the scene where he said he had a tough day at the office.

Should be an entertaining movie.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
you know, i have a few things i dont expect from mr. cage.
i dont expect the most realistic, or most emotionally/mentally involving movie.
i do expect to see things get shot, to see clever retorts, and to see explosions.
looks like a fun movie, perhaps not a movie theatre movie, more a rent and watch at home one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I'll wait for the rental too.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah I want to see it... I saw Sahara last Sunday it had alot of AK's in it......

I like that movie,It was great entertainment!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw the full trailer in the theater last weekend.  The whole quote doesn't make any sense.  Something like "there are 5 billion guns in circulation in the world today...enough for 1 of every 12 people in the world...."

ETA:  I don't recall the exact #'s they used, but I do remember that it just didn't add up...not even close.

Most of those guns might not be on the "civilian market" they may be stashed in some warehouse or bunker owned by a nations military.

I think.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i do expect to see things get shot, to see clever retorts, and to see explosions.
looks like a fun movie, perhaps not a movie theatre movie, more a rent and watch at home one.

Are you talking about Nick Cage only or Hollywood in general?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Thats one I will have to see on the big screen, with all the surround Sound. Guns, esplosions and hopefully some full frontal. I have held Udays golden AK (I think it was Udays) and the things was ugly as all get out! However, It was still probably one of the coolest guns I have ever held.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about Nick Cage only or Hollywood in general?

a little of column A, a lot of collumn B.
but he's deffinately the one i expect cheesie action movies from. he just doesn't scream action hero to me, and hearing him do...whatever voice he was doing in con air..well...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#18]
For those that have not seen the trailer, you can view it here:

www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/lord_of_war/
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Looks like I'll have to see this one!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#20]
ATF agent: I'm from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms...
Cage: Let me guess, this isnt about the Alcohol or Tobacco...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That said, knowing Hollywood, I have a bad feeling this film may become the biggest anti-gun sentiment yet...I hope I'm wrong though.

Originally Posted By Thekatar
I have a feeling that this will be a big anti-gun leftist piece of shit which sets out to mock the entire idea of the Second Amendment.

OR maybe it's just entertainment!  I realize that Hollywood is a very liberal town and that Farhenheit 9/11 was a big hit, but that doesn't mean that every movie is a piece of far left propoganda.  Thinking that everyone is out to get you and your kind is known as paranoid schizophrenia.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OR maybe it's just entertainment!  I realize that Hollywood is a very liberal town and that Farhenheit 9/11 was a big hit, but that doesn't mean that every movie is a piece of far left propoganda.  Thinking that everyone is out to get you and your kind is known as paranoid schizophrenia.

With how things are going lately, I just don't take my 2nd amendment right for granted anymore.

It's not being paranoid, it's just being aware.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#23]
It's pretty safe to assume that my gun spending is going to increase after I see that movie!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yes!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The whole quote doesn't make any sense.  Something like "there are 5 billion guns in circulation in the world today...enough for 1 of every 12 people in the world...."

See my sigline below. I've had this sigline for a couple of weeks now, and the movie hasn't even been released yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's pretty safe to assume that my gun spending is going to increase after I see that movie!

Awsome.  

Yeah, awesome for you because a good chunk of that money will be coming your way but what am I going to tell my kids when Daddy is broke and their college funds are empty?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Not sure if it's going to be cool or if it's going to be corny as all hell.  I am sure I will go see it though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awsome.  

Yeah, awesome for you because a good chunk of that money will be coming your way but what am I going to tell my kids when Daddy is broke and their college funds are empty?

Get a job!  Dad needs a new gun!  

You might want to set one of those bakelite underfolds aside for me...I'm sure I'll be looking for one the morning after I see this movie!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Looking forward to seeing this movie with great anticipation.  Guns and Nicholas Cage are a great combo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#32]
OT guys but,

New-ArGirl, I put the light I bought from your store on my Kimber tonight. For 75 bucks I think it's a good deal. Just as comperable to a M series light IMO.

You should get one for your Gun, or just go all the way and get a good surefire. It really evens out the guns overall weight with the rail on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad you're happy with the light, Jake.  I'll probably be adding one soon.  It was nice seeing you and your dad today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm glad you're happy with the light, Jake.  I'll probably be adding one soon.  It was nice seeing you and your dad today.

As always nice to see you, Neil and your daughter today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With how things are going lately, I just don't take my 2nd amendment right for granted anymore.

It's not being paranoid, it's just being aware.

To quote the movie Curse of the Jade Scorpion:
Chris (Dan Aykroyd): You know, there's a word for people who think everyone is conspiring against them.
C.W. (Woody Allen): I know, perceptive.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:51:08 AM EDT
[#36]
The website is quite entertaining www.lordofwarthemovie.com
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:13:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I doubt this movie is anti-gun propoganda per se, but I'm sure it'll contain a lot of anti-gun overtones. It seems to be a movie about the illicit arms dealing business. Whether it'll make any attempt to distinguish between legal dealers and common smugglers is anyone's guess until the movie premiers. I would hedge my bet that it lumps all small arms dealers into a group that'll sell to anyone regardless of the moral cost. And there are international dealers like that- folks who, for instance, sell arms to both sides in an African tribal conflict. But I doubt a bunch of nitwit Hollywood types are sophisticated enough to write a script that accurately depicts such things.

Galland
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#38]
not to be mean or anything, but are you really expecting a 2 hour nick cage movie to delve into the complexities of anything, much less international illicit buissness? he's not exactly the image of complex and thought provoking movies.  if you really expect to come out of any nick cage movie thinking , "well gee, i've never thought about that side of the buissness world in such a enlightening manner", you are going to be greatly disapointed with everything he is in. sit back, let him make silly lines, watch things get shot and blown up, walk out, and be happy. thats what he does.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#40]
I think it will be a very anti-gun movie.  I wouldn't be surprised to see legislation come out of it.  
There are a lot of people in this country for whom movies are their only source of information, and they believe what they see.  You watch, the Brady bunch or some group will use this movie to try to shove some more anti-gun, unconstitutional laws down our throats.

I hope I am wrong.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Thinking that everyone is out to get you and your kind is known as paranoid schizophrenia.

I agree with your conclusion. However, the director says it isn't a political piece,then proceeds to make it into one by his very comments.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/gossip/12624725.htm

Niccol tackles gun trade in 'Lord of War'

Associated Press

NEW YORK - New Zealand director Andrew Niccol is tackling a divisive topic here in America: guns.

His "Lord of War," which was shot in the Czech Republic, South Africa and other locations, stars Nicolas Cage as an international dealer in illegal arms and Ethan Hawke as the Interpol agent chasing him.

"Some people think 'Lord of War' is a political film," Niccol told the Sunday editions of the Daily News. "I think it's a truthful film, and the truth is political.

"The U.S. is by far the biggest exporter of arms in the world. It was true during the Clinton administration, and it's true during the Bush administration. It's bipartisan."

Residents of New Zealand, he noted, often do not own handguns. "I hope the United States takes note that the murder rate is lower where gun availability is lower. It seems obvious to me."

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#42]
If you people DON'T   think this will be a extreme anti-gun piece of propaganda, your much more naive than you give yourself credit for.

What the hell message you think they're trying to get across?....."ILLEGAL GUN SALES IS COOL?"....Im pretty sure thats not it.

As cool as the previews look, I wont be donating my $8 bucks to their cause.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I just want to see them shoot off a bunch of guns; thats all.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top