Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 6:32:45 PM EST
Ok now that I have built my first AR, it is time to build my first AK. I would like somthing in the RPK flavor.

I have seen little in the form of RPK kits and parts. I know that they may be found but the barrles are a bit on the worn out side. I also came across that the RPK barrel trunion is slightly larger due to its use as a "squad auto weapon". So it has been "beefed" up alittle at the trunion and the reicver.

So is it possible to "introduce" a RPK barrel trunion into a standard AK reciver and have it not try to kill me.

Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks

Buzz.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:46:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:57:40 PM EST
I am aware of the bulges. I was wondering if it would be possible to fit the RPK trunion in to the normal AK reciever. If not I guess the trunion swap my be one avenue.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:57:43 PM EST
K-VAR has new 5.45 RPK barrel assemblies for $330.00. They will fit in a standard AK47 trunion or you can turn the shank down to 22mm for a 74 trunion. That's what I did with mine.
Total cost for the build was about $650.
Here's a pic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:06:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:14:18 PM EST
I do say that you did a very good job of that. How does she shoot? I was prob going to make mine in 7.62 if I can find the parts.

So you can fit a RPK barrel into a normal AK trunion.

Just how hard is it to do.

A trunion swap that is.

Buzz.
Top Top