Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2004 7:32:45 PM EDT
Ok now that I have built my first AR, it is time to build my first AK.  I would like somthing in the RPK flavor.  

I have seen little in the form of RPK kits and parts.  I know that they may be found but the barrles are a bit on the worn out side.  I also came across that the RPK barrel trunion is slightly larger due to its use as a "squad auto weapon".  So it has been "beefed" up alittle at the trunion and the reicver.

So is it possible to "introduce" a RPK barrel trunion into a standard AK reciver and have it not try to kill me.  

Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks

Buzz.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I am aware of the bulges.  I was wondering if it would be possible to fit the RPK trunion in to the normal AK reciever.  If not I guess the trunion swap my be one avenue.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
K-VAR has new 5.45 RPK barrel assemblies for $330.00. They will fit in a standard AK47 trunion or you can turn the shank down to 22mm for a 74 trunion. That's what I did with mine.
Total cost for the build was about $650.
Here's a pic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I do say that you did a very good job of that.  How does she shoot?  I was prob going to make mine in 7.62 if I can find the parts.

So you can fit a RPK barrel into a normal AK trunion.  

Just how hard is it to do.

A trunion swap that is.

Buzz.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top