Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/13/2011 10:41:15 AM EST
Anyone know where I might be able to find an AK-105 gas block/ sight combo for a reasonable price?? Maybe something similar to it??

I see that Kvar has them in stock for $119 but that seems a little high for what it is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:22:39 AM EST
That's actually pretty damn cheap for the real deal. I've seen them sell for double that, and more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:33:54 PM EST
depends on whicj country you want. Bulgarian ones are very difficult to find and cost close to $200 now days. IIRC they were an $89 part from K-var when they had them years ago. The Bulgarians are a direct replacement of the GB. The one pictured is a Russian. That price is fantastic compared to what they cost when they 1st showed up. However, they are not an easy install. They are shorter than your GB and will require a new gas port drilled and possibly recontour of the barrel. I plan on having it done myself as soon as I free up the funds. I have all the parts and the rifle. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:43:44 PM EST
I think I received the email flier from Kvar about 1 or 2 weeks ago, prior to that, they were selling for an average of $150 on the EE shipped. I kinda wonder how many guys have bought this unit not knowing that it wasn't just a matter of cutting the barrel down and re-crowning as Nictra has already stated. I watched this and 2 other forums waiting to find a Bulgarian unit but was always 1 moment slow in snagging one until I saw a member here put one up for sale and again was to late but I shot him a PM any way and it turned out he had another one that he sold to me. Its a project in the making, next stop is the booster and a 100 series folding stock, I just hope they don't run out before I get them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:43:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By nictra:
depends on whicj country you want. Bulgarian ones are very difficult to find and cost close to $200 now days. IIRC they were an $89 part from K-var when they had them years ago. The Bulgarians are a direct replacement of the GB. The one pictured is a Russian. That price is fantastic compared to what they cost when they 1st showed up. However, they are not an easy install. They are shorter than your GB and will require a new gas port drilled and possibly recontour of the barrel. I plan on having it done myself as soon as I free up the funds. I have all the parts and the rifle. Good luck!

Hmm....that's disappointing. I assumed the OD was the same as the stock AK-74M gas blocks. Not so? I guess I'll have to find this out from KVAR somehow.

I won't be doing the install, though. Likely RifleDynamics will.
Top Top