Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2011 11:41:15 AM EDT
Anyone know where I might be able to find an AK-105 gas block/ sight combo for a reasonable price??  Maybe something similar to it??

I see that Kvar has them in stock for $119 but that seems a little high for what it is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
That's actually pretty damn cheap for the real deal. I've seen them sell for double that, and more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
depends on whicj country you want. Bulgarian ones are very difficult to find and cost close to $200 now days. IIRC they were an $89 part from K-var when they had them years ago. The Bulgarians are a direct replacement of the GB. The one pictured is a Russian. That price is fantastic compared to what they cost when they 1st showed up. However, they are not an easy install. They are shorter than your GB and will require a new gas port drilled and possibly recontour of the barrel. I plan on having it done myself as soon as I free up the funds. I have all the parts and the rifle. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I received the email flier from Kvar about 1 or 2 weeks ago, prior to that, they were selling for an average of $150 on the EE shipped. I kinda wonder how many guys have bought this unit not knowing that it wasn't just a matter of cutting the barrel down and re-crowning as Nictra has already stated. I watched this and 2 other forums waiting to find a Bulgarian unit but was always 1 moment slow in snagging one until I saw a member here put one up for sale and again was to late but I shot him a PM any way and it turned out he had another one that he sold to me. Its a project in the making, next stop is the booster and a 100 series folding stock, I just hope they don't run out before I get them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
depends on whicj country you want. Bulgarian ones are very difficult to find and cost close to $200 now days. IIRC they were an $89 part from K-var when they had them years ago. The Bulgarians are a direct replacement of the GB. The one pictured is a Russian. That price is fantastic compared to what they cost when they 1st showed up. However, they are not an easy install. They are shorter than your GB and will require a new gas port drilled and possibly recontour of the barrel. I plan on having it done myself as soon as I free up the funds. I have all the parts and the rifle. Good luck!

Hmm....that's disappointing.  I assumed the OD was the same as the stock AK-74M gas blocks. Not so?  I guess I'll have to find this out from KVAR somehow.

I won't be doing the install, though.  Likely RifleDynamics will.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top