Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2004 7:35:30 AM EDT
Found this on a UK website. When do you think that these will be readily available in the US?

www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_furniture.htm
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered from these guys on 3 occasions. I got one of the ak-1xx stocks you talk about, as well as some of the wood furniture. A little pricey, but good service overall. Takes about two weeks to get here from england.
John F.
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice eye candy at the Marshall Arms site.

How do you like the solid plastic century series stock?
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The 100 stocks are the best stock ever.  Same cheek weld as a fixed, folds easily, locks open solid, retains the cleaning kit.  Its outstanding.  Only downside is cost due to avaliablilty, and the fact you have to install a rear trunnion for it.  I've got 1 on my 74M, and one ready to go on my 104.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
can you get them in plum?
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope.  Its super tactical black.  

Crappy pic of mine.  I need some new pics, keep posting the same ones over and over again.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2004 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I love the 74 on the right, but you already know that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes I do.    Once it gets refinished, I plan to borrow a friends camera and do some pics that do it justice.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The 100 stocks are the best stock ever.  Same cheek weld as a fixed, folds easily, locks open solid, retains the cleaning kit.  Its outstanding.  Only downside is cost due to avaliablilty, and the fact you have to install a rear trunnion for it.  I've got 1 on my 74M, and one ready to go on my 104.  

I have been looking at these AK100 series folders. Can you go into more detail about what it takes to mount one? Is installing a rear trunnion hard? Is it a permanent modification?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Well a builder could give you the real nitty gritty.  But yes its very permanent.  The rear trunnion has to be riveted in after drilling the holes.  Finish touchup, at the minimum seems to be recommended.  The pic I posted has the triangle folder and the AK100 stock.  They are interchangable.  The other major necessity is a hook cut into the side of the reciever thats necessary to lock it open.  That involves a nice hole, so no going back.  But you can use either folder, and they are the two best.  Only non fixed I havent' shot with is the tapco.  I highly recommend the krink or AK100.  Its the most work, and they are the most expensive especially as a retrofit, but definatly the best.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's some close up images of the modifications that are needed on the receiver. Of course there is no going back, but why would you? These side folders have absolutely become my favorite shooters.

Link Posted: 12/5/2004 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know a smith that is willing to do this to a Saiga 12 ga?
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#13]
If you already have a tirangular side folder installed (I have a SEAK II) and the trunnion and all the equipment is in place, how hard is it to trade out the triangular buttstock for the plastic ak-1xx stocks?  
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Easy its a pin that holds it on.  I got some good pics today of the krink including the rear trunnion.  I'll post em when I get em.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
These stocks interfere with a mounted optic, correct? I'd put one on my SAR-2 if it wasn't for that feature.

themao
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]
The pins are not the same size.
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got both but haven't tried it.  Does the trunnion not work for one stock or the other then?  
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
This would be a good item for K-var to step up and manufacture, since they are hard to come by  
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a bulgarian stamped metal side folder mounted in a russian AK100 series trunion.  It latches closed ok, but it's a little loose.  It locks open tight and solid, but between open and closed, it wobbles.  Not really a show stopper, I guess, but it bugs me.

I suspect you could not do a swap the other way, i.e., AK100 series stock in a bulgarian stamped side folder trunion because the big ak100 pin won't fit... but maybe you could use the skinny pin, and have another floppy stock, I'm not sure.  It would be less than ideal, imo.

~Doug
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#20]
So to sum it up... If I were to purchase an Arsenal SLR-105 (AK-74) with the triangular side folding stock (these arent out yet, but soon I think) and purchase a russian polymer side folding stock.... it would not fit in the bulgarian side folding trunion?  This is the plan that I had, but now I dont know.  So im guessing the only way to fix this correctly would be to have the bulgarian side folding trunion taken out and the russian side folding trunion one installed?
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So to sum it up... If I were to purchase an Arsenal SLR-105 (AK-74) with the triangular side folding stock (these arent out yet, but soon I think) and purchase a russian polymer side folding stock.... it would not fit in the bulgarian side folding trunion?  This is the plan that I had, but now I dont know.  So im guessing the only way to fix this correctly would be to have the bulgarian side folding trunion taken out and the russian side folding trunion one installed?

The attachment for the triangle and the polymer stocks are identical.  If the fit is a little sloppy, you need a slightly larger hinge pin.

Steelcore1964 has both and they are completely interchangable . . . the front clip is the same also.  He has switched them back and forth with no issues.

Perhaps some of the rear trunnions are from earlier/later production runs, so they are different?

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]

No, the Russian AK-100 stock is not a direct fit to the Bulgarian trunnion.
Newer Russian stocks/trunnions have a larger pivot pin diameter.

Also, hinge on the newer stock sometimes needs some material removed to fit in older style trunnions.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top