Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2018 3:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge]
Following a grueling and seemingly endless divorce, I’ve been lucky to be able to move forward with my life and get back to shooting after close to a 1.5 year hiatus. Not only that, I’ve been lucky enough to find someone that not only appreciates the need for oneself to have a hobby, but has requested to learn about it as well. I’ve been extremely impressed with her natural skill with a rifle despite never shooting before we began dating. Everything from prone to barricades, she’s picked up on very quickly. Below is a video clip with her first time past 100yds, and only her third time with a rifle. It is only a matter of time before I’ll be getting pointers from her.

Guys, if you’ve ever been on the fence about taking your significant other with you to the range, I highly encourage you to do so. We always have a blast and it gives us another layer of discussion for conversations. The only downside that I’ve found is the need for another rifle....so it’s truly a win-win!

First time shooting at distance

Tried to embed...but it doesn’t appear to be working.

Easy on the eyes, hell on the target
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got a keeper!
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
::golfclap::

OP dun chose guud
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
First time shooting at distance
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Very awesome OP, that girl can shoot! Looks like you guys had a great time. She’s definitely a keeper.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats awesome.  Hope it lasts, her interest in shooting that is.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice work, OP!

My wife doesn't like rifles much, but she's a heck of a shot with pistols, especially her G26.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:
::golfclap::

OP dun chose guud
View Quote
Eeeyup.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Well done, OP.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget to sleep with one eye open if you piss her off. . Your lucky to find a woman like that. Cherish that woman!
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Well at least she's happy and not talking smack! I liked the part where she was standing on the ammo box.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Nemesis, thanks for the assist with the link.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I definitely realize how fortunate I am. I just purchased us some new camera gear so that we can document more of our adventures, with a much better zoom,  so there should be some additional videos in the future. Hopefully all of the parts will arrive by mid April so that I can complete her bolt gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats on getting more ladies into precision!

My wife took second in her first competition and was instantly hooked.

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Luke77:

https://i.imgur.com/Mf6kBVy.jpg
View Quote
Nice!!! I’m hoping that she’ll do well in her first match.

Parts are starting to arrive! Just need to figure out if I’m going to chamber her a 6 creed or 6x47L first.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#16]

https://i.imgur.com/Mf6kBVy.jpg
View Quote
We need more information on what she was shooting?  Looks like an RPR.  What caliber?
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

We need more information on what she was shooting?  Looks like an RPR.  What caliber?
View Quote
Yep, RPR in 6.5 with razor g2 in a spuhr. Made hits out to 969 on the clock this specific day shooting factory Prime.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Might as well turn this thread into the build thread as well. The first barrel arrived Thursday, and the chassis, brass and bipod arrived today.

It’s a start...
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, RPR in 6.5 with razor g2 in a spuhr. Made hits out to 969 on the clock this specific day shooting factory Prime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

Sweet!
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#20]
What action you going with OP?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
What action you going with OP?
View Quote
I picked up a pair of ARC Nucleus actions to build a his/hers set, but depending on the actual delivery date, I may just use Defiance Deviants. I’ve had good luck with them in the past.

The last of Bartlein barrels have been delivered, reamers are by the lathe....just need the actions!
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:

I picked up a pair of ARC Nucleus actions to build a his/hers set, but depending on the actual delivery date, I may just use Defiance Deviants. I've had good luck with them in the past.

The last of Bartlein barrels have been delivered, reamers are by the lathe....just need the actions!
View Quote
yep. I was hoping to have mine in hand by now, but technically its still spring soo....
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, she’s got her 5th trip under her belt, and I’m extremely impressed with her drive and continued interest. We managed to get out to 500M (546yds) this weekend. While not long distance, it was good experience for her to see the impact wind can have on the bullet downrange.

The new camera made for much better recording.

Wind call correction

5 for 5 at 500m (5” plate)

Running the plate rack

Grouping on the small plate
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Good shooting!  Good video too.  Captured a nice bullet trace.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Still waiting on the actions, but that’s not stopping us from getting some range time in.

And, since she likes Vortex...grabbed her an optic yesterday. Should be nice glass but in a lighter configuration than the Razor Gen 2.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice! Did you get your Nucleus in yet?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Not yet. I’m going to give it another week or so and if they don’t arrive I’ll just grab a Defiance or Impact. I need to chamber the barrels and get load development complete by mid-late September.

How are you liking yours?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice job OP.

My wife use to go shooting with me all the time. She is hell with a rifle too. Smoked a 6pt buck a few years after we got married and dropped it in its place... abt 150yr heart shot.

Then we moved and had a baby and she hasn't been able to go with me since. Hell, I rarely get to go myself.

She still loves to shoot but other motherly responsibilities seem to always take precidence. Hopefully I can get her into long range shooting in the near future, I just built "her" a 6.5CM Aero precision AR10.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice build Drfroglegs! With a handle like that, I’m curious what part of NC you’re from/living in (I’m from the piedmont/triad area).

She’s sure to love the 6.5creed. I had one, but it’s been taken over.  I think I’ll have to build me another one down the road.

Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Threw this together last Saturday, tested 4 loads and got lucky that one showed some promise. She took it out yesterday and did surprisingly well. Top left group was her last and she pulled the first shot while adjusting her bag. Before I could get her attention to make a scope adjustment, she sent the round that went left (where the poi should be). Told her to favor for the right edge of the target and she put the next three touching in the middle. Can’t wait to see what this combo can do with some load development and time behind it.

Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Humble brag?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#32]
How have you been man?

Yea, I’m very proud of her. Hopefully the thread can be inspirational to others. Great way to spend time with your significant other, although it can get expensive.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#33]
She is a beauty!
Congrats man.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GSPatton:
She is a beauty!
Congrats man.
View Quote
Yeah and as time goes by she will like bigger more expensive toys like a tricked out Polaris ranger 4 1000 with super atv lift with portals and 30” tires. I told her she has to wait till the cabbed tractor is paid off.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

This one is on the MOA wall. Couple weeks ago from 370 yards. I'm ok with my wife being a better rifle shot than I am
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/161726/KIMG1470_JPG-710985.JPG

This one is on the MOA wall. Couple weeks ago from 370 yards. I'm ok with my wife being a better rifle shot than I am
View Quote
Hell Yeah bringing home the groceries.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#37]
That's really awesome OP
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Had the chance to head out to a local tactical match yesterday. Since I didn’t have the velocity data for her 223 she ran my 260. Despite it being a bit heavy, she had a blast and had some great stages. Hopefully it’ll be the first of many matches.

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#39]
DUDE....

You’re living the dream with that one.   Well done sir.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/161726/KIMG1470_JPG-710985.JPG

View Quote
That’s awesome! Congrats on an amazing woman who’s obviously an excellent shot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GSPatton:
She is a beauty!
Congrats man.
View Quote
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
That's really awesome OP
View Quote
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
DUDE....

You’re living the dream with that one.   Well done sir.
View Quote
Thank you all for the kind words. I’m certainly lucky to have met someone like her.

Just have to get her trained in reloading. Hard to load for 2 rifles per match with my work schedule.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife is also a hell of a good rifle shot.  She's not much into shooting groups on paper but in the field she's a killer.  We spent years shooting gophers by the thousands in gigantic farm fields.  I moved her up to some longer range stuff and she has done really well out to 800yds.  One day she even plugged a 6" gong dead centre from 700yds on the first shot with my 308 Sav Precision Carbine.  I'd been chasing that little plate around for a while and she up and drills the thing first shot.  

She is also good w a full auto, ripping out consistent 3 round bursts like a champ.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#43]
But can she reload your ammunition to the master level?

Just kidding, 37 years ago I met my now deceased wife and took her shooting.  After 3 weeks she was kicking everyone's butt at the range benchrest style with a factory Rem700 .222 Rem sporter weight barrel.  Talking groups in the low two's.

Even while undergoing chemo she got it done.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 308Sako:
But can she reload your ammunition to the master level?

Just kidding, 37 years ago I met my now deceased wife and took her shooting.  After 3 weeks she was kicking everyone's butt at the range benchrest style with a factory Rem700 .222 Rem sporter weight barrel.  Talking groups in the low two's.

Even while undergoing chemo she got it done.

https://i.imgur.com/EZMIpTH.jpg
View Quote
I’m sorry for your loss, but I appreciate you sharing the stories. It’s great that you got to experience so much time and memories with such an amazing woman.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:30:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#45]
Had the chance to take her out for some ELR yesterday. She made consistent hits at 1216 yards with her 223 and my 260. She even tried out a .50 cal and almost made a first round hit on an IPSC target at 1960 yards.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:30:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#46]

Girlfriend at Arena Training-ELR

Her shooting has helped to get my daughter more interested in shooting.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#47]
That is awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well she does at the 5th annual MOA challenge shoot!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GAhunter95:
That is awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well she does at the 5th annual MOA challenge shoot!
View Quote
Indeed. Hopefully she’ll do better now that she’s had more than 7 days with that rifle.

Thanks again for putting on a great shoot and to all of the sponsors as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#49]

I'm sorry for your loss, but I appreciate you sharing the stories. It's great that you got to experience so much time and memories with such an amazing woman.
View Quote
Thanks, it was seeing that you are on the right path that prompted me to share.

Yes, no regrets with the right shootin partner :-)
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#50]
How have you been man?

Yea, I'm very proud of her. Hopefully the thread can be inspirational to others. Great way to spend time with your significant other, although it can get expensive.
View Quote
It's better to find a woman that prefers a few grand on a bipod than on her finger.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top