Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2024 5:28:25 PM EDT
As the title says. Is there a US-version of a Vintorez (subsonic, accurate to several hundred meters, semi, breaks down into a briefcase)?

There are a number of .300 blackout rifles but all are pretty big/not sniper-rifle accurate.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
.300 blackout rifles are typically designed to be small PDW type weapons so extreme accuracy isn't really the design goal or needed at all for it's intended usage. With that said I'm sure you could build an accurate .300 blackout rifle if you wanted to. Even with supers it's not a flat shooting round at all so beyond about 200 yards the holdovers start becoming extreme, and of course the shorter you go barrel wise the more you exacerbate it. It's just a poor cartridge all around for long range. I don't think I've ever personally seen a .300 blackout rifle shoot 1 MOA.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The Vintorez shooting 9x39s 250-275gr subsonics would have the same drop issues as the 300 blk shooting subsonics. So if your trying to duplicate that then the blk would probably be a close match albeit with a lower bullet weight. If you stepped up to 338 spectre you could run 250-300 subs and probably have better long range ballistics and still be in the ar15 platform. 8.6 blk is something else to consider but then you're into the ar10 sized gun unless you had a barrel made for a pof/sfar.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The only VAL/ VSS rifles I've seen were on Youtube and they were built from kits.  I'd imagine a SIG MCX would fill the role with a takedown stock and easily removable barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top