Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 3:39:37 PM EDT
I have had a pact digital scale for many years, but it's time to retire it.My pact has been ok, but not great.I have already had the scale back for warranty  work, and I dont want to go through  that wait again. Does anyone have any suggestions  or recommendations for a new scale.
I have looked at the dillon, rcbs, and hornady,  any experience  with these or others?Any I should avoid?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the old RCBS pact setup, still works great..I also use the new RCBS CM lite, it works even better...when I need charges quick I run both, when normal speeds are fine, I use the CM-L...I also run all charge's over a gem-pro 250 as a check scale..been very happy with the results...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy a cheap one, they don't last and won't hold zero.

I have gone back to balance beam scales and check weights. The only rounds I weigh individually are dedicated 600+ yard ammo. Everything short of that distance gets thrown.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Hornady...  I've had good results with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a cheapo hornady.

So far so good. It's not a high end scale. Typical issues.

I check it against my rcbs beam balance, and it's always +/- .05gr.

It's generally used to weigh an average of 5 charges, adjust measure, weigh 5 more...

When I hit my target weight X 5, I weigh that amount on the rcbs to verify. It really expedites measure setup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RegionRat] [#5]
Is there a budget breakpoint in this question? I ask because there are probably a dozen or more below $300 with many below $100 that are decent.

Also, does it need to be a field portable unit for range use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1b4wVB062c

This is a Youtube video from Johnny's Reloading Bench that goes back to December. He hits some that I know, yet misses several others. These are all budget units but it is informative by helping remind you that not all scales are tailored to reloading (trickling).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top