Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2024 10:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762]
Operators from other countries will often use the QSL Bureau system to get cards to the US (or wherever).

Each state call district has a volunteer organization coordinated under the ARRL's direction to handle incoming QSL cards.

Anyone who is (or has been) active on HF should find out what their district's organization wants for incoming cards. Some want SASEs (typically 6x9 envelopes), some prefer funds. Regardless, unless they have something from you, there will likely be some incoming cards that you never get. And some volunteer will probably end up filing the cards for months or years.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Emoto] [#1]
Good reminder. I receive bureau cards once or twice a year.

Here is the ARRL page with the different regional contact info: https://www.arrl.org/incoming-qsl-service

I throw $5 at them via paypal about once a year, but they will also take checks (your region may differ in how they accept $). Every time they receive cards for me and forward them on to me via USPS, it uses up a dollar or two. My region has a web page where I can punch in my call sign and it'll show how much $ of mine they still have. When I see the number get lower, I know they will be sending me some bureau cards. I am happy to support this.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't you have to be a member of ARRL to use them?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
Don't you have to be a member of ARRL to use them?
View Quote

Only for the outbound QSL's.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K9-Bob:

Only for the outbound QSL's.
View Quote
Gotcha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top