BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s only happened to 2 folks I know of.  First was my youngest, he was 12 at the time. Second, and most importantly was @lilmac25. He should hang his head in shame to this day ....
View Quote

Let’s clarify what we’re discussing here... I failed to chamber a round on a hog hunt.

I don’t know anyone who thinks 5.56 recoil is painful.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#2]
They go hand in hand. It’s only reasonable explanation of incident. Fear
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They go hand in hand. It’s only reasonable explanation of incident. Fear
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn’t get any pictures but was out black berry picking along the road/fence line when I started hearing shots. Farmer was chasing down hogs pretty effectively with his truck and blasting them with a 22 mag. Never leaving the house without a rifle I moved his way in the ranger and offered my help which he accepted as they seemed to be getting out of range for him

Got the last two, one just as it was about to hit the tree line about 150m away.  So that sounder is done.

He’s been on my need to meet list for a long time he’s just never been there when I tried to swing by but we have waved back and forth since we moved here.  We chatted about 20 minutes. Now I’ve got him added to the good guy list, access to his land for blackberries, instructions to shoot pigs on his property whenever I see them (actually never seen them on his land before), and he said he’d call if he gets another sounder he needs help with.

All around win
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
First one!!!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to being addicted to a life sucking endeavor
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^ and be prepared to spend lot's and lot's of money! Then after you kill a couple of hundred you try to find New ways to kill them to make it more interesting!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This^ and be prepared to spend lot's and lot's of money! Then after you kill a couple of hundred you try to find New ways to kill them to make it more interesting!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already spent lots and lots of money.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

True that. I was pretty excited when hootiewho showed up with the long range stuff. I’ve been thinking about that for a while.  I need more stuff like I need a hole in my head. But it sounds/looks like it’d be fun change of pace.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

True that. I was pretty excited when hootiewho showed up with the long range stuff. I’ve been thinking about that for a while.  I need more stuff like I need a hole in my head. But it sounds/looks like it’d be fun change of pace.
View Quote

I still have not topped sticking a 20# pig to the ground with a heavy carbon fiber arrow and him going round and round squealing I figured he would just break the arrow but it took some doing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll add to the stack.  I don't get to hunt often as it's invite only on my FIL's lease.

This one was shot last fall with a .308 168grn A-Max.  Shoulder shot dropped in it's tracks.

These were taken this last weekend with a 6.5 Grendel 123grn SSTs.  1st one was a big old boar.  Caught him coming into a feeder.
Shoulder shot and he dropped, squealed and kicked for a few seconds but never got back to his feet.  Was the 1st kill with the 6.5G.  I was damn impressed with it's performance.  He ended up coyote feed.

3 meat pigs also shot with the 6.5G from this past weekend.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey you killed more pigs in that one picture than lilmac has , ever ...

ETA. @ lilmac25. You may be doing great, selfless deeds, for the place that I love and call home, but I still take great joy in public AR-15.com ridicule .....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll add to the stack.  I don't get to hunt often as it's invite only on my FIL's lease.

This one was shot last fall with a .308 168grn A-Max.  Shoulder shot dropped in it's tracks.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17506/Hog-1437474.jpg

These were taken this last weekend with a 6.5 Grendel 123grn SSTs.  1st one was a big old boar.  Caught him coming into a feeder.
Shoulder shot and he dropped, squealed and kicked for a few seconds but never got back to his feet.  Was the 1st kill with the 6.5G.  I was damn impressed with it's performance.  He ended up coyote feed.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17506/Hog3-1437508.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17506/Hog1-1437475.jpg

3 meat pigs also shot with the 6.5G from this past weekend.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17506/Hog2-1437477.jpg

View Quote

I like your front tray for the SXS.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey you killed more pigs in that one picture than lilmac has , ever ...

ETA. @ lilmac25. You may be doing great, selfless deeds, for the place that I love and call home, but I still take great joy in public AR-15.com ridicule .....
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Did this last night ...
Attachment Attached File

Then this in the morning.  Got to take a break for little while. Work stacking up.  Hope y’all can keep it going.....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did this last night ...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/34D9D5E4-3D34-4B92-9B75-C7A81A0619AD_jpe-1459244.JPG
Then this in the morning.  Got to take a break for little while. Work stacking up.  Hope y’all can keep it going.....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/A2A2E72B-05CC-4BE4-BFE4-6CF74E82BCBF_jpe-1459258.JPG
View Quote

That's living the dream!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah that was a pretty good 16 hour stretch.  Got off the water about 2 I think . Pretty sure I was sleeping at 4. Slept all the way through until 5 the next morning
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Had three sows and roughly 10 piglets show up.

Took two of the sows, while fighting with two rifle jams.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I got winded by two pigs yesterday and they left before I could send an arrow at them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Didn't you just get a new thermal?  Why you spending time flinging arrows??
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was hunting on a ACoE unit at Lake Lavon and it is archery only for feral hogs. My access to private lands is extremely limited.

Just like tonight, I'm going to the LBJ grasslands. It's shotgun and archery only and my thermal isn't rated for recoil above 308. I'll have to use the thermal as a scanner instead of mounting it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm the worst pig hunter ever. I another boar Wednesday night.

It was a nice boar too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Got another boar Friday night.  6.5G again.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like decent pig. Next time take picture of cutters, not nuts
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn good to see this thread alive and well.  Keep blasting them in the face, gents
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was hunting on a ACoE unit at Lake Lavon and it is archery only for feral hogs. My access to private lands is extremely limited.

Just like tonight, I'm going to the LBJ grasslands. It's shotgun and archery only and my thermal isn't rated for recoil above 308. I'll have to use the thermal as a scanner instead of mounting it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Helmet mounted I2, laser on your shotgun, and thermal for scanner?

Hell, Tim would probably like this for me. That way when I miss shoot them in the feet I don’t just hit em in the foot, I blow that limb off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hell, Tim would probably like this for me. That way when I miss shoot them in the feet I don't just hit em in the foot, I blow that limb off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, Tim would probably like this for me. That way when I miss shoot them in the feet I don't just hit em in the foot, I blow that limb off.
I don't have I2. I just use the scope as a scanner and then switch to a green light mounted on the shotgun after stalking close enough for a shot. It hasn't been successful.

Got a great stalk on a loan boar and then I missed the shot somehow. Other times we simply can't get close enough fast enough. My hunting partner just got what I believe is a sightmark photon xt and mounted it with a rifled slug barrel. Hopefully next time we go we won't have to get as close. The plan is to locate with the thermal and mark it with my DBAL mounted on the mono-pod with the thermal and then use the Photon equipped gun for the shot.

Who knows if it will work but at least it'll be time spent hunting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#28]
19 for the night. Not much weight to the haul. Had help from fellow member txzen

Invited @lilmac25 , but he was busy. Said every second Saturday he like to dress up like a woman and go for drinks ...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Lol.

We’ve had at least one ECMO in since May 5th. Time off is a fantasy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol.

We've had at least one ECMO in since May 5th. Time off is a fantasy.
View Quote
I'll be damned @lilMAC25. You in the medical field?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

We've had at least one ECMO in since May 5th. Time off is a fantasy.

@Demphna2
Cardiovascular Perfusionist

You?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@Demphna2

You?
View Quote
Nurse supervisor. That's badass man
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Demphna2

You?

Thanks! It’s a great job, but can be REALLY taxing. I had a stretch of 39 or so days without a break earlier in the year. Of course, I’ve made a pretty ridiculous bonus this year on ECMO alone. Too bad I haven’t had any time to enjoy it!

I’m praying this wave is slowing!
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thanks! It's a great job, but can be REALLY taxing. I had a stretch of 39 or so days without a break earlier in the year. Of course, I've made a pretty ridiculous bonus this year on ECMO alone. Too bad I haven't had any time to enjoy it!

I'm praying this wave is slowing!
View Quote
Hang in there man, we'll be on the backside of this before you know it.

Sorry for the derail of this thread. Back to the hog slaying.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like to give lilac shit, because it makes me happy. But he's good dude that does good work to keep folks on this side of the dirt  . I think this thread should be used for whatever folks feel like. Dont sweat it dude . All good .
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I like to give lilac shit, because it makes me happy. But he's good dude that does good work to keep folks on this side of the dirt  . I think this thread should be used for whatever folks feel like. Dont sweat it dude . All good .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lilac?

Them’s fighting words.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

lilac?

Them’s fighting words.
View Quote

Good point.  You’re gay , here’s a picture of a pig my boy killed little while ago as a peace offering....Attachment Attached File

As a side note for anybody that keeps up with this, feel free to put your pictures in here, talk shit to anybody, especially @lilmac25 or myself.  This is supposed to be fun.  There can be no fun without insulting folks you’ve never met on the internet.

Second side note, if anybody has son/daughter they’d like to take out and do this kind of stuff, contact me via pm.  We’re always willing to have folks out.  Just be patient, my work schedule sucks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good point.  You’re gay , here’s a picture of a pig my boy killed little while ago as a peace offering....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/E244560B-401C-4F12-A838-7B484099BCAA_jpe-1602034.JPG
As a side note for anybody that keeps up with this, feel free to put your pictures in here, talk shit to anybody, especially @lilmac25 or myself.  This is supposed to be fun.  There can be no fun without insulting folks you’ve never met on the internet.

Second side note, if anybody has son/daughter they’d like to take out and do this kind of stuff, contact me via pm.  We’re always willing to have folks out.  Just be patient, my work schedule sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lilac?

Them’s fighting words.

Good point.  You’re gay , here’s a picture of a pig my boy killed little while ago as a peace offering....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/E244560B-401C-4F12-A838-7B484099BCAA_jpe-1602034.JPG

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good point.  You're gay , here's a picture of a pig my boy killed little while ago as a peace offering....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/E244560B-401C-4F12-A838-7B484099BCAA_jpe-1602034.JPG
As a side note for anybody that keeps up with this, feel free to put your pictures in here, talk shit to anybody, especially @lilmac25 or myself.  This is supposed to be fun.  There can be no fun without insulting folks you've never met on the internet.

Second side note, if anybody has son/daughter they'd like to take out and do this kind of stuff, contact me via pm.  We're always willing to have folks out.  Just be patient, my work schedule sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lilac?

Them's fighting words.

Good point.  You're gay , here's a picture of a pig my boy killed little while ago as a peace offering....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/E244560B-401C-4F12-A838-7B484099BCAA_jpe-1602034.JPG
As a side note for anybody that keeps up with this, feel free to put your pictures in here, talk shit to anybody, especially @lilmac25 or myself.  This is supposed to be fun.  There can be no fun without insulting folks you've never met on the internet.

Second side note, if anybody has son/daughter they'd like to take out and do this kind of stuff, contact me via pm.  We're always willing to have folks out.  Just be patient, my work schedule sucks.
Screw the kids I still want to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah the last little red pig I just didn't want to wade through 70 yards of cat tails and swamp that looked like it could hide a cotton mouth as big as a Texan brags about his pet anaconda! But on a side note he was a squealer, those are so sweet!

But here's one my wife caught a couple of weeks ago. Warning she takes terrible pictures!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Give me a couple 10 days to get my shit together,  still running around playing catch up from trip this summer. Only been twice in last couple weeks. I think I gave you my number a while back.?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah the last little red pig I just didn't want to wade through 70 yards of cat tails and swamp that looked like it could hide a cotton mouth as big as a Texan brags about his pet anaconda! But on a side note he was a squealer, those are so sweet!
https://i.imgur.com/M649F7n.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/VbABVrL.jpg
But here's one my wife caught a couple of weeks ago. Warning she takes terrible pictures!
View Quote

That spot looks jungle hot.  Better winter spot......
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Give me a couple 10 days to get my shit together,  still running around playing catch up from trip this summer. Only been twice in last couple weeks. I think I gave you my number a while back.?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I've still got it
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

One boar down, Montgomery county. Guy has 60 acres on the river (just south of my subdivision). He’s been overrun with hogs and coyotes. I haven’t yet seen a yote, but this is the 2nd pig. 123 gr Gold Dot (designed for 7.62x39, but sized down to .309) out of my 12.5” 300 BLK dropped him right there. Never even turned on my thermal, just lased him and bang.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Man you remembered to chamber a round.  I’m so proud of you, all grown up

ETA, why you quit at 1? That’s a low number
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Man you remembered to chamber a round.  I’m so proud of you, all grown up

ETA, why you quit at 1? That’s a low number
View Quote

Cause that’s what I saw.

Dick
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Got another one last night.

Had a sounder in my sights, but either didn’t have good hits or just plain missed. I have ZERO confidence in my thermal right now. Just flat out isn’t hitting where I’m aiming, despite confirming zero just last week.

The LAM is dead nuts accurate though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#48]
No hogs seen last night.  Good shake down for the IR illuminators, lasers, & optics.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I think I know what your problem is.  You’re  scared of loud noises, and punishing recoil of the AAC. So flinching a lot, and blaming equipment...
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No hogs seen last night.  Good shake down for the IR illuminators, lasers, & optics.
View Quote

Sorry about the skunk. Glad you’re here contributing, but in the future, please make sure all post include insult to lilmac. It kind of a unofficial rule . It keeps me going when I’m not able to get out
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top