Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my FIL to chop off 5", almost 6 oz of bbl today.  Now I have to rezero, hopefully I can find some slugs @ the show tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

175 yds with a 12.5” 300 BLK. 123 gr Gold Dots (.310 sized down to .309) loaded over H110.

Attachment Attached File

Headshot. (Right eye was the entry wound)
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry about the skunk. Glad you're here contributing, but in the future, please make sure all post include insult to lilmac. It kind of a unofficial rule . It keeps me going when I'm not able to get out
View Quote
Speaking of skunks, I now know what a skunk looks like through thermal. A quick note, be careful when you stalk unknown animals you spot with thermal.

Getting 10 feet from a skunk and trying to ID with a light is sketchy at best.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Got their asses tonight ...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]

That's a pile o pork!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Was short hunt.  Got lucky. Wind perfect. Flooded creek on one side, net wire fence on one , train rolling by, and us. Had time to change mags......
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Was short hunt.  Got lucky. Wind perfect. Flooded creek on one side, net wire fence on one , train rolling by, and us. Had time to change mags......
View Quote

Damnit man that was the epitome of a plan came together.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Couple more for the bone yardAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The state came in and trapped over 60 pigs in the last few months.

But some are still here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The state trapped 60 , in “a few months “. Damn that’s super impressive.  They can’t even trap pigs efficiently.  

Pro tip, county trappers in TX are mostly degenerate lazy bastards. I assume the same is true for rest of the country. Good news is they usually know a lot of folks, and like to hunt. Get to be friends, and let them use your loaner stuff when you go out at night. You’ll get to hunt a lot more acres, and they won’t have to trap
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The state trapped 60 , in “a few months “. Damn that’s super impressive.  They can’t even trap pigs efficiently.  

Pro tip, county trappers in TX are mostly degenerate lazy bastards. I assume the same is true for rest of the country. Good news is they usually know a lot of folks, and like to hunt. Get to be friends, and let them use your loaner stuff when you go out at night. You’ll get to hunt a lot more acres, and they won’t have to trap
View Quote

This is very true and keep your mouth shut and you will have all the hunting you can stand.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The state trapped 60 , in "a few months ". Damn that's super impressive.  They can't even trap pigs efficiently.  

Pro tip, county trappers in TX are mostly degenerate lazy bastards. I assume the same is true for rest of the country. Good news is they usually know a lot of folks, and like to hunt. Get to be friends, and let them use your loaner stuff when you go out at night. You'll get to hunt a lot more acres, and they won't have to trap
View Quote
I think most trapping here in SC is done by the land owners or hunters leasing property. May have to look into this a little more.

I didn't do a hunting lease this year due to uncertainty of covid effects on my income. I haven't shot a pig since April I believe .

Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top