Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 6:16:35 PM EDT
I'm likely going to be there April 18th-ish for 2-3 days and would like to go fishing.   So what should I go after? I want to catch a lot of fish, rather then a few huge ones.  I don't care either way on bringing home meat or throwing all back.    Any recommendations on a good guide.   I once had a guide with no real social skill, but he could keep us into fish, that was awesome then.   I have also had a guide that was very entertaining but not very good at finding fish.  For this one want some social skill because my wife isn't much of a fishing enthusiast, but definitely want to be on fish.  Coming from Omaha NE area btw
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
when you say "Tampa area," do you mean the entire Tampa Bay area, or just the Tampa side of the bay?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never been there, and don't know how big the area is.  But not afraid to drive a ways.   I'll be staying in palm harbor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never been there, and don't know how big the area is.  But not afraid to drive a ways.   I'll be staying in palm harbor.
View Quote
then you're up in the north end of Pinellas County, the Gulf side of Pinellas Bay.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, I try to vacation with my family in the Tampa area (clearwater-st.Pete ) yearly . We always fish w/o a guide and just rent some nice kayaks for 3-5 days .  I always contact Wyatt @ Florida Kayak Outfitters . This guy has delivered the kayaks right to the hotel,condo or house that we've rented. We mainly fish the inter-coastal waterways for anything that will bite (red fish,snook,snapper) . Hit a tackle shop and get some shrimp , also dont be afraid to try a 3" swim bait on a 1/4-1/2oz jig head . Med action 7' rod 8-10lb flouro . Fish near structure (bridges,docks,mangroves) .

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're staying in Palm Harbor, you could just catch a party boat out of the sponge docks at Tarpon Springs.  Then it doesn't matter if you get a guide that's ADHD.  There is a good one that runs out of Port Ritchey called the Miss Virginia.  It's an older head boat and cramped but you will land many fish.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I don’t know if you’re looking for flats or offshore fishing but CA Richardson is a terrific inshore flats guide and a super nice guy. He’s pretty busy with his TV shows but I guarantee he will put you on fish. That should be a great time for a gator Trout. Here’s his contact info:

https://captcarichardson.com
Top Top